The Registered Nurse provides clinical and administrative support to the program. The RN performs therapeutic measures prescribed and delegated by the physician. Participates in patient education and rehabilitation and provides interpretation of treatment to the patient and the patient's family. The RN coordinates unit activities and assures accountability of all assigned tasks.
• Demonstrates clinical knowledge of psychiatric nursing and maintains the highest quality of comprehensive patient care.
• Displays effective communication skills as evidenced by the ability to maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians and staff.
• Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner.
• Utilizes knowledge of growth and development, psychopathology, and psychosocial systems.
• Has an accurate knowledge of psycho-dynamics and therapeutic processes as demonstrated by effective intervention and resolution of problems as they occur, and communication of the processes to others.
• Displays understanding of family dynamics by responding appropriately to family members when needed.
• Has a comprehensive knowledge of existing policies and procedures and utilizes the standards stated as evidenced by independent functioning and carrying out the philosophy of the Nursing Department.
• Consistently documents in the medical record all pertinent clinical information on a daily basis and as set forth in policy and procedure manual.
• Utilizes the nursing process, which includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation.
• Consistently completes all nursing assessments accurately with timeframes set forth in policy and procedure manual.
• Participate in the initiation of master treatment plan along with other key program staff.
• Attend treatment planning meetings and conferences to participate in patient's treatment process and progress.
• Participate in discharge planning and referrals.
• Utilizes treatment plan as means to communicate care to entire clinical team.
• Demonstrates professional skills and performs the tasks needed to maintain a therapeutic milieu and optimum patient care.
• Examines physician orders for completeness, accuracy, clarity and questions when appropriate. Correctly transcribes orders and documents implementation.
• Administers prescribed treatment and medications correctly.
• Documents administration of medication and treatments completely and accurately on the Medication Administration Record and progress notes in the medical record.
• Is privileged in restraint/seclusion and follows hospital policy.
• Displays competency in medical aspects of patient care as evidenced by recognizing signs and symptoms of medical conditions, intervening appropriately and documenting adequately in the Treatment Plan and progress notes.
• Conducts patient groups as evidenced by documentation in patient's medical record.
• Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with leadership.
• Demonstrates good organizational skills based on the needs of the patients and program as evidenced by following through on assigned tasks in a smooth and effective manner and determining priorities.
• Has a basic understanding of appropriate staffing patterns and nursing care hours and able to maintain appropriate levels in absence of Nurse Manager.
• Assumes supervision of nursing staff when directed by Nurse Manager.
• Demonstrates skills in admission, discharge and transfer of patients.
• Demonstrates a professional attitude and emotional stability when coping with stress, accepting guidance and evaluating own performance.
• Acts as a role model, by utilizing professional standards, motivating peers and co-workers, stimulating growth and development in others.
• Responsible for maintaining upgraded knowledge in psychiatric nursing by engaging in activities that will enhance current knowledge base.
• Attends unit meetings as specified by Nurse Manager in order to receive current information, and assists the Nurse Manager in communication of this information to other staff members.
• Complete all competency requirements in a timely manner.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by Nurse Manager. Helps promote program through referral development and community. education events as assigned by Nurse Manager.
Graduated from an accredited school of nursing, Diploma Program in Nursing, an Associate Degree in Nursing or a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Current Florida RN license. Current CPR. Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) certification within 30 days of hire.
Experience in psychiatric nursing.
Special or additional competencies or qualifications:
Demonstrate leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. General knowledge of psychiatric nursing practice.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom