Located in Madison, Tennessee, TriStar Skyline's Madison Campus is a mental health hospital that provides behavioral health services to the greater Nashville area.
Our behavioral health facility is staffed by psychiatrists, therapists, nurses and other specialists that are dedicated to treating individuals who are facing mental health conditions and disorders. Our mental health treatments are designed for each individual patient and include inpatient care, partial hospitalization and intensive out patient care. TriStar Skyline Madison Campus is looking for a Psychiatric Clinical Educator
The Educator promotes excellence in nursing practice across the facility through the integration of expert clinical practice in the patient care setting, education of staff and patients, their presence as a clinical resource and a consultant to the leadership team. This position is responsible for the campus wide education of the nursing staff. Position Overview:
- Collaborates with hospital managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competency gaps.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs.
- Facilitates a variety of learning experiences using a range of instructional methods.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of healthcare standards and regulations in order to meet related training needs.
- Participates in the organization's compliance with mandatory training requirements.
- Utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- Serves as a consultant for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice and professional development.
- Participates in the coordination and continuity of orientation programs.
- Serves as an active member of committees focused on such areas as safety, infection control and staff competency.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of standards and regulations related to staff development and patient education.
- Researches and recommends the purchase of educational materials and equipment.
- Coordinates and/or collaborates with external learning institutions as they utilize the hospital as a clinical teaching site.
Masters Degree in Nursing or equivalent experience Experience
Minimum of 2 years behavioral health nursing experience.
Supervisory experience preferred. Licensure/Certifications
Current TN State Registered Nurse License
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association
CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) within 30 days of hire Skills
Experience using Microsoft Office and PC skills
Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom