Psychiatric Nurse - Full Time (NIGHTS) 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. EIRMC Behavioral Health Center
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
The Behavioral Health Center provides four separate inpatient programs to ensure that people receive individual care in settings that are appropriate for their needs. Typically the treatment structure involves group therapy, individual counseling, educational groups, recreation therapy activities, and support services.
Job Opening: Registered Nurse (Full Time)
- Special Care Adult Program (for adults 18 years and older)
- Daybreak Adult Program (for adults 18 years and older)
- Teton Peaks Adolescent Residential Treatment (for children ages 12-18)
- Adolescent Acute Care Program (for children ages 13-17)
Work Schedule: NIGHTS (7 p.m. - 7 a.m. with rotating weekends off).
This position is responsible for providing direct nursing care to psychiatric inpatients, including assessment, care planning, education, medication administration, and monitoring for safety and comfort.
You are assigned to a unit but may at times work on other units as staffing needs dictate.Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing. Must maintain current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Idaho.
- Must pass a Idaho Department of Health & Welfare background.
- Current AHA CPR for Healthcare Providers certification, and completion of all hospital mandatory education and training.
- Current certification in Non Violent Physical Crisis Intervention. If not certified at time of hire, will obtain certification within 90 days.
- This position requires that you drive a facility owned vehicle or your own vehicle. A current state of Idaho driver's license is required. If relocating to Idaho from another state, you must obtain a current Idaho driver's license within 90 days of making Idaho your permanent state of residence. If you are not a permanent resident of Idaho you must have a valid driver's license from the state in which you permanently reside. In addition, if you will be driving your own vehicle 2 or more times per week for company related business, documentation of proof of liability insurance must be provided. Liability insurance must have a combined single limit of at least $300,000 or have $100,000/$300,000 coverage split. This position is subject, upon hire and annually, to an MVR report/analysis and driver safety education.
- Sensitivity, maturity and ability to communicate clearly and concisely when interacting with physicians, staff, patients and their families, other hospital departments, and community service providers and referral sources.
- Ability to deal with varied types of patients and families in all situations that may arise.
- The Charge position requires leadership abilities and knowledge of dealing with staffing issues.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom