Sign On Bonus Available RN - Child & Adolescent - Full Time Nights
Are you interested in working with children or teens that may be struggling with behavioral issues? At our Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent campus, we give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children and teenagers in our inpatient hospital and residential treatment programs. Watch this Child & Adolescent Campus Video to learn more about what we do! Job Summary:
The Registered Nurse provides clinical, therapeutic, and administrative support to the child & adolescent behavioral health program. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of psychiatric nursing and maintains the highest quality of comprehensive patient care.
- Displays effective communication skills as evidenced by the ability to maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner.
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development, psychopathology, and psychosocial systems.
- Has an accurate knowledge of psycho-dynamics and therapeutic processes as demonstrated by effective intervention and resolution of problems as they occur, and communication of the processes to others.
- Displays understanding of family dynamics by responding appropriately to family members when needed.
- Participate in the initiation of master treatment plan along with other key program staff.
- Attend treatment planning meetings and conferences to participate in patient's treatment process and progress.
- Participate in discharge planning and referrals.
- Utilizes appropriate skills in telephone etiquette when answering the telephone, making sure to record correct messages and pass along to appropriate staff, including patient inquiries.
- Demonstrates professional skills and performs the tasks needed to maintain a therapeutic milieu and optimum patient care.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Current Registered Nurse in the state of Tennessee. Behavioral Health experience preferred. Parkridge Valley
, a two-campus behavioral health facility with Parkridge Health System, has served the Chattanooga area for over 40 years, providing expertise in treating a broad range of mental health and chemical dependency issues for all ages.
Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent Campus
The Parkridge Child & Adolescent Campus provides service for children and teens. Our services include short-term hospitalization for children and adolescents who require acute, structured short-term hospitalizations, and a residential program for children who are having emotional or behavioral problems and are not successful in their current environment of school or home, or for teens who have a failed history of acute inpatient hospitalization and outpatient therapy. Valley Academy, accredited by the Tennessee Department of Education, serves both regular education and special education students for our residential patients.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom