Patient Access Team Leader
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Responsible for providing feedback on daily registration processes and staffing issues to the Patient Access Supervisor. Provide assistance to staff level employees as necessary to insure compliance with department policies and procedures. Assist supervisor with staffing, report reconciliation, QA process, and other duties as assigned.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Maintain QA statistics (including patient wait times, etc.) and report results to Supervisor.
• Oversee the daily activities of the registration area to insure department standards are met
• Assists Supervisor in educating registration staff of any changes pertinent to their roles
• When appropriate, relieve staff members during employee sick/vacation time
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance
benefits and payment of services from legally responsible patients
• Work closely and professionally with nursing and ancillary departments in effort to maintain a teamwork
• Excel in all functions performed by patient representatives
• Collect/request deposits and copays
• Assume on-call responsibilities to insure adequate staffing and problem-solving
• Register all patient types
• Assists in resolving patient concerns
• Assist Supervisor to insure all personnel department policies and procedures are followed
• Act in capacity of supervisor in his/her absence, and inform Supervisor of all issues upon his/her return
• Maintains effectiveness of patient flow
• Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week, including but not limited to,
infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and
respect by constantly meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate
properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
• High school diploma or GED required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom