At the Optical Center Inside CVS, our mission is to help people on their path to better health, and look great while doing it. Our focus is world class quality of patient care, combined with best in class customer service and technology to deliver an outstanding eyecare and eyewear experience. We offer flexible work schedules and a competitive compensation packages. As part of the largest pharmacy healthcare company in the US, a career with the Optical Center Inside CVS offers opportunity for leadership growth and development.
The Employed Optometrist is responsible for delivering key results thru our brand pillars: innovation, collaboration, caring, integrity, and accountability. The Optometrist is a leader within the organization, and is the primary person responsible for ensuring great patient outcomes thru quality of care and best in class patient experiences. This individual is also responsible for ensuring proper staff clinical performance and behaviors. Exceptional organization skills are required for success in this role, in addition to collaboration with multiple stakeholders within and outside the organization. Position Summary
* Committed to great clinical and experiential outcomes thru:
- NPS – would the patient refer to a friend or family
- Addressing all of the patients visual occupational and lifestyle needs
- Thoroughly explains each step of the exam process
- Actively listens to the patients concerns and questions
- Provide the patient with an assessment of their overall eye health and vision performance
* Conducts all professional services in accordance with state licensure guidelines and professional standards of care. Follows internal clinical protocols and professional referral guidelines.
* Ensures patient receive accurate diagnosis and treatment plan on initial visit
* Builds rapport with the patient to understand needs
* Strong communication and collaboration with optical staff to ensure a seamless patient experience
* Provides on the job training and guidance as needed for optical leaders and associates
- Clinical standards orientation
- Front desk/check in procedures
- Appointment timelines communication
- Associate “Think on your feet” behaviors
- Explaining of all preliminary and OD clinical tests.
- Contact Lens Training
- Phone greeting skills
* Collaborates and communicates routinely with Optical Manager office strengths and opportunities
* Takes pride in the appearance of the office and exam lanes
* Leverage technology to enhance the overall patient experience and ensure proper patient follow up
* Maintain and ensure proper medical equipment calibration and maintenanceRequired Qualifications:
* Active state license with no open or active issues.
* Knowledge of optometric industry trends, technology, product, and processes.
* Developed communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong Leadership and critical thinking skills
* Strong track record of cross-functional collaboration
* Problem Solving ability
* Recognizes and builds on strengths, open to working on opportunities
* Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Records systems, and digital refraction systemsPreferred Qualifications:
* 5 to 8 years work experience preferredEducation:
* Doctor of Optometry requiredBusiness Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/