Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Grainger's typical operating hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. The Warehouse Associate performs warehouse duties and functions to support inventory integrity, order processing - picking, packing, staging, and shipping, and general maintenance and housekeeping duties to ensure a safe, clean, and orderly work environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Executes the Grainger Service Promise and demonstrates, by action, the company Values.
- Accurately receives product on DC trailer and effectively puts away product to utilize time efficiently and maximize cube space.
- Receive product from Branch Transfers (UPS, and other Carriers) to fulfill customer orders
- Receives product on Hub Truck (Same Day Pickup) and process customer backorders and branch stock replenishment in order to have product available for sale.
- Processes backorders to fulfill customer orders and meet order ready times.
- Picks & stages will call orders to achieve company Will Call Ready Rate (WCRR) and Customer expectations.
- Accurately picks and prepares shipping orders to meet shipping cutoff times and processes orders according to all regulatory standards.
- Processes returns in accordance with BBX guidelines, referencing original documents, product disposition, and obtaining all necessary signatures.
- Contacts customers in order to purge old orders and release product for purchase by other customers.
- Properly prepares, stages and documents product for reverse logistics in order to keep inventory fresh and warehouse space open for new products to be introduced.
- Prepares all hazmat orders in accordance with all Dept. of Transportation and company requirements.
- Processes all next day air shipments in accordance with DOT requirements and company expectations.
- Schedules customer/vendor pickups as needed to serve customer and branch needs.
- Performs cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Works multiple location report to drive continuous improvement in inventory accuracy by reducing duplicate locations.
- Performs stock alignments as necessary to improve inventory performance and accuracy.
- Replenishes and maintains showroom stock to create an appealing well stocked environment for customers.
- Conducts daily power equipment inspection to ensure safe operation of equipment, safe work environment for employees, and compliance with all OSHA and company regulations.
- Grounds keeping and trash collection/disposal to ensure a clean, well-groomed appearance for customers and employees.
- Maintains shipping supplies, postage, etc.
- Warehouse housekeeping - Block/Flaps/Bin Maintenance to maintain a clean inventory environment and maximize cube space.
- Support customer service by assisting customers picking up and loading product.
- Support will call service as needed to maintain a high level of customer service
- Disposes of Defective Hazmat/Lighting /Scrap products in compliance with RPG guidelines.
- Actively participates in all regulatory training (Hazmat, Refrigeration, Back & Knife... etc.) and other company training initiatives.
- Participates in annual inventory as needed.
- With appropriate cross-training, provides back up support at service counter during peak service times.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
-2 to 3 years of customer service experience preferred
- 1 year warehouse / material handling experience preferred
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task effectively!
- Able to operate powered industrial equipment
- Able to operate computerized scanning equipment and PC based programs including SAP.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Is aware of own strengths and weaknesses. Is open to developmental feedback and takes responsibility for personal development.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen & background check.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.