Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
- Job Description
Public Cloud Devops engineer
J oin our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun .
About the role
Workday is looking for a number of Devops Engineers to join our Infrastructure Public Cloud team. In this role, you'll have responsibility for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Workday's public cloud production and development systems. The ideal candidate will have a solid 'hands-on' background in deploying and managing enterprise solutions in AWS with experience in developing tools to automate systems deployment and management tasks.
- Work as a member of a global team managing large 24 x 7 public cloud platforms.
- Develop automation code to deploy and maintain systems and applications that run and monitor Workday services in public cloud.
- Drive and solve problems impacting mission critical systems and implement automation to prevent reoccurrence.
- Work closely with engineering teams to build and support the continuous integration and deployment tooling.
- Execute changes on production systems whenever necessary.
- Work closely with other development and operations team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
- Maintain an accurate picture of existing server, storage, networking software and hardware and virtual environments to support scaling against various project requirements.
- Technical degree or work experience equivalent
- 5-10 year's experience in designing, building and managing large scale Linux/Unix-based systems
- Comprehensive experience with AWS including a solid understanding of CI and CD, Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, IAM, Cloudformation and Route 53
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: shell scripting, Perl, Python or Ruby highly desirable
- Deep troubleshooting skills that involves analysis of logs, traffic trace, configuration data, automation tools to resolve issues until end-to-end systems are functioning
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker is desirable
- Experience of supporting virtualized production environment
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern software configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc) is desirable.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
Different Positions/Levels Available:
- Systems Administrator
- Devops Engineer/Senior Devops engineer