Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard is looking for a laser-focused, supernaturally organized public relations (PR) Intern to help our team of PR pros spread the word about Blizzard's games. The intern's role involves a wide range of organizational activities, including conducting research, drafting coverage reports, assisting with press events, select media pitching, and working with Blizzard's PR managers to execute complex communication plans. The ideal candidate possesses an uncanny attention to detail, excellent time-management skills, the ability to laugh in the face of the unforeseen, and - of course - a passion for all things Blizzard. Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Handle media inquiries and requests via phone and email in a timely fashion.
- Assist with organization of press tours, trade shows, exhibitions, and other events.
- Assist with maintaining and updating Blizzard's press contact database.
- Organize and fulfill mailing requests and swag requests.
- Review media coverage and compile coverage for PR department.
- Organize and maintain online media asset site.
- Follow up on assignments with multiple parties to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Draft pitches and pitch media contacts.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work under deadline pressure and within a team environment and collaborate with others to accomplish goals
- Pursuing a degree in PR, Marketing, Journalism, or other relevant
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint preferred
- Office experience
- Passion for Blizzard games and knowledge of the gaming industry
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.