Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
• Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
• Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
• Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard. Overview
This position leads strategic and executional excellence in brand PR, leading the development and implementation of innovative and best-in-class programs; maximizing impact and exposure to support business objectives and strengthening brand equity. He/she will act as a resident expert / center of excellence for Public Relations for the company by delivering on the following:
- Set highest standards for excellence for earned media within the organization and with external agencies. Serve as a trusted communications strategist. Develop and maintain an understanding of the media community, including new and emerging media vehicles.
- Lead development of earned media strategies and plans; work with Brand teams to deliver outstanding and innovative brand PR programs that maximize brand exposure, strengthen brand equity and align with the brand marketing objectives and strategies. Build strong relationships with brand teams to integrate earned media holistically throughout the marketing stream.
- Manage, develop and oversee agency relationships to facilitate excellence in PR.
- Develop and share best practice including working to evolve the earned media function in an increasingly digital world and operationalizing measurement and reporting of earned media in partnership with CMI as well as other strategic initiatives that help to build the organization’s understanding of and value of earned media and its ability to contribute to business goals.
- Work closely with the other areas of communications (corporate media relations; corporate social responsibility; shopper marketing; Public Affairs) as appropriate to ensure program integration and multi-brand/corporate opportunities are maximized and ensure brand reputations are maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or relative field
- 8 – 10 years of related PR experience – Food and/or beauty industry experience preferred
- Strong understanding of Consumer Goods industry
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.