Blizzard Entertainment seeks a seasoned public relations (PR) manager to play a major role in shaping the global communications program for one of our franchises. We are looking for a focused, detail-oriented person who multitasks efficiently, excels in a deadline-driven environment and can stand up for him or herself in amongst other stakeholders with varying levels of PR awareness or understanding. The ideal candidate has at least seven years of experience in gaming and / or at an agency managing an international or multi-market program, and is a flexible, motivated self-starter who can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives. This person is also highly organized and able to work independently while contributing to the goals of a team. Clear, concise communication skills are a must.Responsibilities
- Draft, present, and maintain detailed global PR plans and strategic communications points of view.
- Develop PR strategies and manage the execution of product publicity through pre-launch, launch, and post-launch phases.
- Collaborate with and fulfill requests for Blizzard's international PR teams.
- Prepare press coverage executive summaries.
- Counsel leadership regarding incoming media requests and other publicity opportunities.
- Write and edit press releases, FAQs, company communications, and other materials.
- Manage day-to-day contact with target media, including gaming and mainstream media.
- Conduct extensive phone / email correspondence and ongoing relationship-building efforts.
- Create press kits and other promotional materials as necessary.
- Obtain art assets that will be used to feature Blizzard games in print and online publications.
- Manage relationship with and expected deliverables from rest of team, as well as a public relations agency.
- Conduct press tours.
- Demo Blizzard games to press when needed.
- Take on other responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
Required Application Materials
- Strategic thinker with a strong media relations background and proven placement results
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Able to confidently communicate about Blizzard products with the press and public
- Extensive knowledge of games and the game industry
- Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and full work load
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend department needs and views into effective product-PR strategy and work with other teams to complement and support mutual plans and objectives
- Good presentation skills are essential
- Must be very organized and possess excellent time-management skills
- Able to quickly compose and edit a variety of creative and business-oriented texts that meet company standards, on deadline
- Must be willing to travel and work long hours and on weekends as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in PR, Marketing, Journalism, Business, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7 years' PR experience
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.