Blizzard Entertainment seeks a self-motivated public relations (PR) manager to develop the communications program for a keystone Blizzard global esports product. The ideal candidate will have at least seven years of PR experience in the gaming and / or sports industries, be able to independently flourish in a fast-paced, startup-like environment, and cogently champion perspectives in front of executives and company leadership. Responsibilities will include planning and shaping both domestic and international PR strategy, executing, media relations, and perhaps growing a team in the future. Desired qualities include an interest in esports, impeccable oral and written communication skills, the ability to run with projects without much supervision, and - of course - a passion for all things Blizzard.Responsibilities
- Draft, present, and maintain detailed PR plans and strategic communications points of view.
- Execute high-impact global public relations programs supporting press activities at competitive gaming events.
- Prepare press coverage executive summaries.
- Manage day-to-day contact with target media, including consumer, sports and trade media.
- Conduct extensive phone / email correspondence and ongoing relationship-building efforts.
- Arrange and manage Blizzard's participation in esports / sports industry and related thought leadership events.
- Collaborate with and fulfill requests for Blizzard's international PR teams.
- Work with partner PR teams on collaborative efforts.
- Create press kits and other promotional materials as necessary.
- Compose accurate, well-written media materials on deadline.
- Coordinate PR efforts between different departments within Blizzard.
- Obtain art assets that will be used to feature Blizzard games in print and online publications.
- Manage relationship with and expected deliverables from a public relations agency.
- Take on other responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
Required Application Materials
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or equivalent experience
- Excellent speaking, writing, time-management, and organizational skills
- A minimum of 7 years' PR experience, preferably in the gaming or sports industry
- Able to consistently execute good independent judgment, organize thoughts, and make decisions under time constraints and a full workload
- Expansive list of industry contacts
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and overtime as required
- Proactive, confident and patient
- Able to think strategically and creatively, and an understanding of all facets of PR
- Passion for esports, sports, gaming, and/or Blizzard games
- Team-focused mentality, while being able to proactively complete independent projects with minimal supervision
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.