Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America's leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company!You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories.
Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States! Job Description
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Public Safety Dispatcher Officer
The Public Safety Dispatcher is responsible for receiving calls from the Campus Community and promptly provide a response regarding requests for information and services, complaints and emergency situations. The Dispatcher will support the entire Public Safety operation and assist the Shift Supervisor in maintaining routine field tasks and services. The Dispatch console is the hub for monitoring alarms, handling calls and dispatching appropriate Public Safety personnel (Police/Public Safety) as needed to investigate and respond. Physical and Mental Functions:
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid driver's license for at least one year with a clean driving record
- Be able to prepare and administer emergency campus notifications. (e.g.- E2 Campus Emergency Text Alert System, MEARN, etc.)
- Operate telephones, radios, computer equipment (CAD, CCure 9000, Indigo vision) and CCTV to receive reports and relay information (Email, text, WEBS, MEARN) to appropriate persons; monitor the Access Control Systems, CCTV, CAD, all other DPS equipment.
- Question callers to determine locations and the nature of problems to determine appropriate response
- Determine response requirements and priority of situations; dispatch units in accordance with established procedures to respond to alarms and report of disturbances.
- Receive and relay information to and from Public Safety Officers, Director of Public Safety, local law enforcement agencies and USciences Campus Community.
- Capable of gathering information by interviewing and obtaining statements of victims, witnesses, suspects, and confidential informers and be able to prepare investigative and other reports.
- Monitor cameras to support DPS vigilance regarding suspicious persons and activity, crimes in progress, safety hazards, smoke/fire, access control breaches, etc.
- Handle and respond to emergency caller situations and incidents.
- Record details of calls, dispatches and messages; enters, updates and retrieves information from CAD system regarding all incidents reported to the DPS.
- Ensure proficiency in Clery Act reporting requirements as a Campus Security Authority (CSA).
- Provide World Class Customer Service.
- Assist to maintain Quality Assurance efforts throughout the shift. (Radio transmission location checks, break and lunch relief coordination, routine task reminders, event support, etc.)
- Ensure that access control, trespassing and suspicious activity are being closely monitored by the DPS Public Safety Officers in the field.
- Prior Dispatcher experience preferred
- APCO Dispatcher certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and coherently over radio channels while initiating and responding to radio communications.
- Ability to handle emergency situations
- Excellent professional demeanor and ability to stay composed during stressful situations.
- Ability to operate and utilize various types of Dispatch equipment and devices; must demonstrate proficiency in the use of department equipment and devices.
- Basic computer and phone skills (Word, Excel, Email, Public Safety software and phone systems)
- Valid Driver's License and be capable of operating Public Safety vehicles in all road and weather conditions.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 150,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com or http://www.aus.com/offices to contact your local office.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Requisition ID
A little about us:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.