PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.Job Description
PwC's US Finance organization is a strategic business advisor responsible for managing the firmâ€™s financial risk, including: financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with strategic and tactical matters. Services include: budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, shared services and financing. Finance works daily with US Leadership, engagement partners and managers on managing the profitability of engagements.
Finance has assisted other PwC Network firms regionalize their financial operations. Finance also analyzes potential acquisitions, assisting with the integration (including system needs) and educating partners/managers on how to navigate our various financial systems.
LoS Finance and Regional and Business Unit (BU) Finance is responsible for executing budgeting and forecasts at the market/region/BU level. Responsible for asset management; i.e., the billings and collections. Oversees engagement economics for individual partners, clients, markets, BU, and region. Manages portfolio for specific partners, markets, clients, BU, and region.
The Finance and Accounting Team leads the Public Sector Practice's (PSP) financial management and accounting activities by driving accuracy, compliance, and consistency in alignment with PwC policies and Federal contracting regulations. The Team has an in-depth understanding of the PSP's financial systems, policies, procedures and processes and is able to team with operational and client service partners and staff to provide relevant financial support services and business advisory support to those key stakeholders.Position/Program Requirements
Demonstrates prior success in an auditing and/or government contract compliance role.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business field of study or 4 or more years of direct finance experience in a professional services organization.
Demonstrates proven thorough financial knowledge and government contract compliance requirements to manage deliverables, which include the following areas:
- Preparing detailed projections, budgets and forecasts, and managing financial metrics through-out engagement life cycle;
- Conducting financial analyses and preparing financial metrics reporting;
- Auditing internal engagement team and subcontract staffing to confirm adherence to contract requirements; and,
- Developing and analyzing manpower and hours projections.
The following additional area is highly preferred:
- Prior success with using Deltek Costpoint in conjunction with Federal Financial Reporting requirements.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or proven success in serving as the focal point for project and/or engagement financial metrics and contract compliance requirements, which include the following areas:
- Facilitating engagement team project kick-off meetings;
- Developing and implementing controls and procedures to facilitate the timely and accurate processing, analysis and reporting of financial data;
- Assisting in preparing contract briefs; preparing and presenting contract briefs for small contracts;
- Overseeing development of labor category mapping and Excel burn charting;
- Develop and analyze manpower and hours projections used in the budgeting and forecast process;
- Analyzing Estimate at Complete or EAC;
- Working with the Federal Centralized Billing group on invoicing issues;
- Auditing subcontractor invoices and resolving issues; and
- Developing and conducting training on Time & Expense polices for engagement team members and subcontractors.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.