PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
In today's changing environment, the public sector is seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies. PricewaterhouseCoopers Public Sector LLP provides management consulting, technology consulting and risk consulting services to help federal and international government agencies anticipate and address these and other complex challenges.
PwC Public Sector LLP is one of four organizations to receive the 2014 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The Baldrige Award is the nationâ€™s highest Presidential honor for performance excellence, recognizing U.S. organizations for superior quality and world-class results across six categories defined by Baldrige including Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Focus, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management, Workforce Focus, and Operations Focus. For more information on our journey to performance excellence, please visit www.pwc.com/baldrige or view our winner profile on the NIST website.
Professionals in PwC Public Sector LLP may be subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet related eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Our industry specific technology consultants help clients solve business challenges leveraging the latest industry applications.
This high performing team combines deep industry and technical expertise with the ability to manage large scale, complex, multi-year programs from strategy through execution to drive value for our clients.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge and/or success with completing and managing components of
private, public or hybrid cloud environment-related Business Systems Integrations solutions, which includes the following:
- Leveraging thorough knowledge of the following areas to create and deliver cloud computing solutions to meet PwC's and the client's objectives: Enterprise Architecture, Integration Strategy and Roadmap, Service Oriented Architecture, Vendor Selection, Business Process Management, Systems Architecture and AnyShore Delivery;
- Assisting with the delivery cloud based application architectures and development, integration, distributed data management, and application testing
- Understanding hardware virtualization (servers, storage, and networks), grid computing, internet security protocols and standards, application, integration , and data architecture
- Participating in and/or leading several project management workstreams and teams, including large development projects with off-shore, vendor, and/or client resources components that emphasize evangelizing cloud computing at both the business and technology levels
- Building on existing investments in virtualization, service oriented architecture, and web solutions, while leveraging mature concepts, architectures, and technologies largely borrowed from the mainframe;
- Collaborating with other technical and non-technical team members, clients, and vendors in technology neutral language to define, build, and deliver solutions; and,
- Progressing in professional IT roles of increasing responsibility from Developer to Architect and Team Lead to Program and/or Project Manager across multiple technology implementation systems.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with utilizing the following technologies to provide architecture cloud computing and virtualization-based solutions that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Backend languages:
Java, C, C++
- Side-server scripting language:
PHP, Python, Ruby
- Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Google Apps, Rackspace Cloud, Eucalyptus and similar technology set
Utilizing thorough creative problem-solving abilities and a consistent consultancy mindset while working on, as well as proven intimate knowledge of researching
problems and/or issues and developing and offering effective solutions for, clients' initiatives related to Business Systems Integrations solutions and Cloud Application Transformation.
Proven thorough abilities to write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, which includes whitepapers, studies and client briefings.