PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
In today's changing environment, the public sector is seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies. PricewaterhouseCoopers Public Sector LLP provides management consulting, technology consulting and risk consulting services to help federal and international government agencies anticipate and address these and other complex challenges.
PwC Public Sector LLP is one of four organizations to receive the 2014 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The Baldrige Award is the nationâ€™s highest Presidential honor for performance excellence, recognizing U.S. organizations for superior quality and world-class results across six categories defined by Baldrige including Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Focus, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management, Workforce Focus, and Operations Focus. For more information on our journey to performance excellence, please visit www.pwc.com/baldrige or view our winner profile on the NIST website.
Professionals in PwC Public Sector LLP may be subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet related eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The State and Local Government practice provides individuals the opportunity to serve clients in the areas of: business design, organizational strategy, market analysis, financial modeling, operational analysis, process improvement, change management, compliance monitoring, and program management.
The application of this skill set within state and local governments is delivering compelling, high impact solutions to our clients' toughest business and technology problems. We translate strategy into action.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success with key facets of state and local government, including the following:
- Sub-verticals to include education, housing, transportation, and/or Administration;
- Functional areas to include strategic sourcing, shared services, economic development, sustainability, performance management, disaster recovery and/or customer contact centers; and,
- Core management consulting skills such as project management, financial modeling, operational modeling, and stakeholder management.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Define and lead client work including conducting baseline assessments, building a future state vision, developing implementation plans, managing multiple stakeholders, and communicating with varying audiences;
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities concurrently in a client-driven environment, as well as with small teams;
Identify and address client needs by actively participating in client discussions and meetings, and managing services and engagements.
- Prepare concise, accurate documents and maintain project economics while remaining flexible as unanticipated issues arise; and,
- Creating a positive environment and managing staff workloads, while meeting client expectations; provide candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner, keep leadership informed of progress and issues, and answer questions and offer direction to less-experienced staff.