PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
In today's changing environment, the public sector is seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies. PricewaterhouseCoopers Public Sector LLP provides management consulting, technology consulting and risk consulting services to help federal and international government agencies anticipate and address these and other complex challenges.
PwC Public Sector LLP is one of four organizations to receive the 2014 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The Baldrige Award is the nationâ€™s highest Presidential honor for performance excellence, recognizing U.S. organizations for superior quality and world-class results across six categories defined by Baldrige including Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Focus, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management, Workforce Focus, and Operations Focus. For more information on our journey to performance excellence, please visit www.pwc.com/baldrige or view our winner profile on the NIST website.
Professionals in PwC Public Sector LLP may be subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet related eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Our Applications Strategy and Integration consultants provide an end to end solution offering including Application Development & Integration, Application Architecture, User Experience, Quality Management & Testing and
helping clients determine the best applications for their business needs and integrate new and existing applications into their business including Mobility integration.
This high performing team works with various types of technologies and software framework including Java, .Net, iOS, HTML5 amongst others. This high performing team advises on the software development life-cycle, and help architect and develop specific applications for clients. Additionally, they assist with integration of new applications and quality management and testing.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and end-user interaction to understand and document business and functional requirements for complex projects, managing technical teams across the full software development life cycle, including:
- Leading Applications Strategy and Integration engagements in a consulting services organization emphasizing Enterprise Architecture, Business Process Transformation and IT Systems Implementation.
- Providing thought leadership when applying methodologies, managing architectural project elements, and setting technical direction and training teams in using consulting techniques.
- Designing and delivering innovative solutions from concept through implementation in a complex environment, including proven success in an Architect role.
- Leading teams to envision and prioritize requirements, creating application implementation road maps and providing technology and architecture recommendations.
- Managing and providing oversight of all technical issues for the assigned work streams and/or projects, performing technical reviews of all work products during various workstreams and projects.
- Interacting with stakeholders and business colleagues to analyze and define business requirements and related project reporting, developing methodologies to create and enhance applications and tools.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of common issues facing clients in one or more of the following sectors:
financial services, healthcare, aerospace and defense, automotive, consumer and retail, energy, industrial products, technology or utilities.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities in the following areas:
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- As a team member, understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking and providing guidance, clarification and, feedback to less experienced staff.
- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including presenting to senior executives, developing lasting relationships, delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data.
- Managing engagement(s): staying educated on current trends and assisting in the development of knowledge capital, contributing to project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and completion of engagement workstream(s).
- Collaborating with business development teams that write and present proposals to prospective clients.
- Identifying and addressing client needs while displaying the ability to contribute to the development of a business vision and manage implementation efforts with complex project management capabilities.
- Supporting practice management for a specific operation or process.
Proven extensive skills in Java, J2EE, ASP, .NET, C Sharp,
WS*, MQ, Adapter framework, Database building and Management:
Oracle, SQL server, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL, JDBC, Struts and Strings framework, Enterprise Architecture; Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Data, BPM/BRE Tools
- WSI*, MQ, Adapter Framework, Mapping and Workflow Tools, Application Servers such as Websphere, Weblogic, and RUP, Enterprise Architecture and Implementation, Governance Designs,
Pegasystems, Lombardi, Oracle BPEL, Jrules, BonitaSoft, JBosee, BRE. Proven extensive technical skills in MS Office Suite and Lotus Notes
This role supports client work contractually requiring US Citizenship and an active Secret Security Clearance.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.