PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.Job Description
In today's changing environment, the public sector is seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies. PricewaterhouseCoopers Public Sector LLP provides management consulting, technology consulting and risk consulting services to help federal and international government agencies anticipate and address these and other complex challenges.
PwC Public Sector LLP is one of four organizations to receive the 2014 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The Baldrige Award is the nation`s highest Presidential honor for performance excellence, recognizing U.S. organizations for superior quality and world-class results across six categories defined by Baldrige including Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Focus, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management, Workforce Focus, and Operations Focus. For more information on our journey to performance excellence, please visit www.pwc.com/baldrige or view our winner profile on the NIST website.
It takes talented people to support the US firm, including PwC Public Sector, of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of PwC Public Sector LLP Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients
Professionals in PwC Public Sector LLP may be subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet related eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
PwC Public Sector IT supports and develops internal systems and applications for use by Public Sector staff in all areas of the Firm.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success leading engagements related to desktop, virtual desktop, thin client, and end user computing (technologies, architecture, and solutions) technology consulting, including the following areas:
- Broad infrastructure technology concepts around software, hardware, networking, data management, web services/SOA integration, applications, end user interfaces, virtualization, disaster recovery, business continuity, and total cost of ownership;
- Desktop technologies and related design and implementation advancements, e.g. virtual desktops;
- Virtualization solutions from Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, and other leading vendors;
- Technology and tools related to provisioning, management and/or security; unified messaging and collaboration; cloud computing; ITSM and ITIL; data centers; and voice and data networking; and,
- Structured business development processes.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success leading multiple End User Services, Device, or Desktop related efforts and consultations to assess, create strategies for, or implement solutions, including the following areas:
- Evaluating and implementing large End User Transformation initiatives;
- Conducting proof of concept testing of new solutions;
- Leveraging success in an architect role in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Active Directory, SharePoint, SAN/NAS, and related technologies;
- Utilizing Microsoft Office to create effective and efficient deliverables (PowerPoint Excel, Word, Visio, Project, etc.) related to verbal and written communication, and project management and methodologies;
- Utilizing specialization in written and verbal communication to build organizational influence and interpersonal relationships, develop professional business networks, deliver executive-level and business-relevant presentations to large audiences, and draft leadership points of view and white papers;
- Performing well under high pressure situations, meeting tight timelines, managing challenging assignments, and handling flexibly a variety of client and internal business needs;
- Participating in sales and business development and driving revenue metrics, as well as being an initiator in a collaborative team based environment;
- Collaborating and contributing as a team member, understanding personal and team roles, contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, and proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback;
- Creating, through leadership, a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members, providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; and,
- Recruiting, hiring, coaching, mentoring, and motivating top performers.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.