Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Publications Manager to be located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Publications Manager leads scientific publications planning, analysis, and execution for Cardiovascular & Metabolism (CVM) franchises and helps oversee creation of slides for the payer / evidence access decks based on publications. This individual manages publication project timelines, agency relations, partner company relations, and leads the internal strategic dissemination and communication of publication output.
The Publications Manager will:
• Oversee scientific publications strategy and execution across Cardiovascular & Metabolism franchises, with support from IETs and TALs.. Lead internal stakeholder meetings that inform publication plans and communicate plans effectively throughout organization. Represent US Scientific Publications team on Global Medical Affairs Team calls. Ensure timely and effective regional input into global publication planning efforts led by Global Medical Affairs, R&D, and Partner Company collaborations.
• Support TALs, Operations Lead, and IETLs, lead business planning process for scientific publications, including planning of deliverables and budget planning. Track and manage department publications budget.
• Manage and directly support the development and submission of peer-reviewed manuscripts and scientific abstracts/posters/oral presentations for congress presentations. Demonstrate strong project and time management skills in terms of moving publications forward, prioritizing work assignments, managing conflicts, solving problems, and training/oversight of direct report(s) if applicable. Manage interactions with and activities of publications agency (or agencies) of record.
• Coordinate requests and ensure approval and execution of ad hoc data analyses in collaboration with appropriate Medical Affairs, R&D, GMA and biostatistics inputs.
• Represent Janssen in broader J&J publication-related activities such as Publications Community of Practice activities and J&J Cross-sector Publication Colloquium planning committee. Assist in the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) with respect to writing processes and relevant publication guidances. Participate in the development and maintenance of document templates, style guides, electronic document management and publication systems, etc.
• Assist and provides input into the development, review and approval of evidence and access decks; provide as-needed internal training support for MSLs to ensure consistency of approach and alignment with publication content; streamline processes and approaches across therapeutic areas.
• Be responsible for ensuring all scientific publication policies and procedures are followed and all proper documentation, scientific review, and final closeout of projects are executed and completed.
• Be responsible for coaching, training and development of direct report(s), (if applicable).
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
• An advanced degree (e.g. Master’s, MBA, PhD, PharmD, etc.) is preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of publication planning/execution experience (or related experience) is required
• Strong scientific/medical and writing skills, including the ability to interpret and organize scientific data is required
• Strong project planning and organizational skills as well as the ability to manage complexity and work under tight timelines is required
• Ability to work with a variety of internal and external partners and manage conflicts when they arise is required
• Must have solid understanding of publication guidances, such as ICMJE, GPP, Consort Guidelines, AMA Manual of Style, or related guidances is required
• Working knowledge of clinical trial design, biostatistics, standard editorial style conventions, and journal requirements for publications is preferred
• Previous people development experience preferred
• This position will be located in Titusville, NJ and will require up to 40% domestic and international travel
United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOrganization
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.