Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a seasoned marketer to lead the North American (N.A.) publishing team for Hearthstone. You will be responsible for the marketing and performance of the franchise in N.A. This ground-breaking title is available on both PC and mobile so you will need to be an expert at both. To succeed in this role, you will continually analyze sales, market, and game trends to ensure the N.A region is maximizing the Hearthstone opportunity. You will also drive cross-functional integration across community, PR, media, partnership and creative teams to maximize player acquisition and engagement. This role reports directly to the managing director and vice president of publishing, North America.
This role is ideal for someone who can combine strategic thinking AND analytical ability. If you're up to the task and have a passion for gaming, please read on! Responsibilities
- YOU are the brand steward for Hearthstone in North America; Responsible for the entire consumer funnel, from acquisition to conversion.
- Lead the N.A. Hearthstone publishing organization which includes various cross functional marketing disciplines.
- Identify regional promotional opportunities that will augment ongoing global publishing activities.
- Create a collaborative relationship with the Hearthstone development team and the global publishing leads to foster coordination and alignment of strategies and tactics.
- Provide insights into key developments in the media, creative, social, and community marketing landscape that will help shape publishing plans.
- Publishing Planning and Execution
- Lead the execution of go-to-market programs which can include partnerships, digital marketing efforts, media planning, regional creative customization, events, public relations, and community development.
- Develop N.A. marketing plans based on the global strategy and initiatives.
- Provide market insight and analysis to support the development of multi-year franchise development plans.
- Design the N.A. promotional and pricing plans alongside the global publishing organization.
- Oversee the N.A. Hearthstone annual operating plan and forecasting.
- Coordinate the overall investment levels, allocations, and objectives for Hearthstone in N.A. including global initiatives that will be executed in N.A.
- Brand Management
- Steward the Hearthstone brand in North America by ensuring all publishing activities in the region consistently maintain the Blizzard level of quality and commitment.
- Creative Management
- Customize global creative and develop regional marketing collateral that addresses the marketing segments within the region when necessary.
- Provide updates on the health of the NA business and highlight areas of opportunity to the head of N.A. and the global publishing lead.
- Work with the consumer insights team to define knowledge gaps on the Hearthstone audience and design research and analysis to address them. Continually monitor local game analytics, as well as media and marketing program performance and make recommendations to ensure that business goals are exceeded.
- Direct and support the analytics and research efforts necessary to identify and monitor the key growth drivers of our N.A. business.
- Passion for gaming, for the Hearthstone franchise, and for our global fan community
- Consummate marketer; Passion for the latest consumer marketing trends, insight, research, and technologies
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in one or more of the following:
- Marketing in video gaming and / or related creative industry
- Brand management at a consumer packaged goods company (CPG)
- Marketing at a major online consumer-focused technology company
- Managing a high-profile consumer-facing brand at the global or country regional level
- Understanding of online / mobile advertising and related metrics (CPI, CPA, CPM, LTV, D3/7/30 etc.)
- Track Record of successful product launches
- Familiar with defining consumer segments and crafting targeted marketing campaigns toward those segments
- A strong foundational understanding of both consumer research and business analytics
- Able to effectively manage and complete multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Experience working on co-marketing programs with major consumer brands
- Strong presentation and leadership skills with the ability to sell-in and champion initiatives in a highly matrixed environment
- MBA or Advanced degree
- Direct experience in managing digital direct response marketing campaigns
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.