Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a seasoned marketer to lead the North American (N.A.) publishing team for one of the hottest IP's in gaming - Overwatch. Armed with a keen understanding and background in the FPS / MOBA landscape, you will be responsible for the marketing and performance of the Overwatch franchise in N.A. To succeed in this role, you will continually analyze sales, market, and game trends to ensure the N.A region is maximizing the Overwatch opportunity. You will also drive cross-functional integration across community, PR, Media, partnership and creative teams to maximize player acquisition and engagement. This role reports directly to the managing director and vice president of publishing, North America.
If you're up to the task and have a passion for gaming, please read on! Responsibilities
- Lead the N.A. Overwatch publishing organization which includes various cross functional marketing disciplines.
- Identify regional promotional opportunities that will augment ongoing global publishing activities.
- Create a collaborative relationship with the Overwatch development team and the global publishing leads to foster coordination and alignment of strategies and tactics.
- Provide insights into key developments in the media, creative, social and community marketing landscape that will help shape publishing plans.
- Publishing Planning and Execution
- Lead the execution of go-to-market programs which can include partnerships, digital marketing efforts, media planning, regional creative customization, events, public relations, and community development.
- Develop N.A. marketing plans based on the global strategy and initiatives.
- Provide market insight and analysis to support the development of multi-year franchise development plans.
- Design the N.A. promotional and pricing plans alongside the global publishing organization.
- Oversee the N.A. Overwatch annual operating plan and forecasting.
- Coordinate the overall investment levels, allocations, and objectives for Overwatch in N.A. including global initiatives that will be executed in N.A.
- Brand Management
- Steward the Overwatch brand in North America by ensuring all publishing activities in the region consistently maintain the Blizzard level of quality and commitment.
- Creative Management
- Customize global creative and develop regional marketing collateral that addresses the marketing segments within the region when necessary.
- Provide updates on the health of the N.A. business and highlight areas of opportunity to the head of N.A. and the global publishing lead.
- Work with the consumer insights team to define knowledge gaps on the Overwatch audience and design research and analysis to address them. Continually monitor local game analytics, as well as media and marketing program performance and make recommendations to ensure that business goals are exceeded.
- Direct and support the analytics and research efforts necessary to identify and monitor the key growth drivers of our N.A. business.
- College degree with a concentration in marketing or advertising
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in managing a high-profile consumer-facing brand
- Direct experience in managing digital direct response marketing campaigns
- Familiar with defining consumer segments and crafting targeted marketing campaigns toward those segments
- Global marketing experience either from an HQ or regional perspective
- A strong foundational understanding of both consumer research and business analytics
- Able to effectively manage and complete multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Experience working on co-marketing programs with major consumer brands
- Strong presentation and leadership skills with the ability to sell-in and champion initiatives in a highly matrixed environment
- A passion for video gaming and the Overwatch franchise
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.