This Job is eligible for the following work arrangements: TeleWork
The Microsoft Education Team is seeking a highly-motivated Account Technology Strategist who is ready to become a trusted advisor to education customers. This technical sales role is responsible for driving Cloud Sales and Consumption for both Higher Education and K-12 customers.
The successful cloud technology strategist with growing Cloud revenue and driving Azure sales through effective consultative sales and presentation skills combined with superior customer focus. The successful strategist will need to engage a wide range and size of audiences from technical professionals to academic leaders to researchers and faculty. The role also requires deep understanding of customer challenges surrounding Cloud adoption, deployment, management, security and integration of technologies and solutions. The successful cloud technology strategist will be a leader in helping education customers in their digital transformation to Cloud Solutions. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to collaborate with provosts, superintendents, deans, researchers, and CIOs to understand requirements to guide the formulation of a technical strategy for the Cloud solution. The candidate must also be able to articulate the business value of the Microsoft cloud platform.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Technical pre-sales support of strategic Azure opportunities across multiple workloads
• Achieve assigned revenue and Usage/Consumption for Cloud targets across a territory
• Build a foundation for long term Cloud Revenue and Usage/Consumption growth
• Ensure successful cloud adoption and migrations into Azure and Collaboration Solutions
• Improve customer satisfaction with enterprise customers and own key Customer Executive-Level relationships
• Building and managing a diverse partner portfolio to drive success at scale.
Qualifications should include:
• 1+ years’ Sales experience with software solutions
• 1+ years’ technology experience
• 1+ years’ government selling experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with large-scale data analysis or enterprise-scale solutions architecture and implementation.
• Minimum of 5 years applicable experience, preferably selling solutions to K-20 Education customers.
• A solid understanding of the key issues and challenges facing Education customers today.
• A solid understanding of Microsoft solutions for Education and strategic direction.
• A strong understanding of competitive solutions.
• Significant experience selling to CXO level; persuasive presentation skills, strong communication skills and the ability to articulate the value proposition of Microsoft’s cloud solution portfolio.
• The ability to travel to client sites, team meetings, conferences, and briefing/events.
• BA/BS degree is preferred. Advanced Degree is a plus.
• Applicants are preferred to reside in Maryland, DC, or Virginia.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.