Are you looking to join a team that is focused on making a real difference in the lives of students and educators?? Look no further! Microsoft’s Education team is searching for an experienced and highly motivated Account Executive for Higher Education and K12 customers.
We’re looking for an account executive with passion and drive to empower every student, every educator, and every educational organization to achieve more. The account executive we’re looking for will embrace and champion Microsoft’s three bold ambitions in education: Reinvent productivity and business processes, Build the intelligent Hyperscale cloud, and Create more personal computing.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Developing and implementing strategies to drive the use of Hyperscale cloud, especially Azure.
• Establishing and nurturing trusted advisor relationships with educators, academic leaders, instructional technology and curriculum leadership, superintendents, principals, provosts and board members.
• Developing and implementing strategies to drive active usage of Microsoft technologies like Office 365, OneNote, and Windows among faculty and students.
• Development and execution of a marketing strategy for 1: many activities and events.
• Developing a partner engagement plan to extend reach and increase solution adoption.
• Attainment of all revenue goals and targets.
While the Account Executive will not have any direct reports, this position will lead a virtual team including technical specialists, solution specialists, and key stakeholders within the various organizations across Microsoft.
Qualifications - Required skills include:
• 1+ years’ Sales experience with software solutions
• 1+ years’ technology experience
• 1+ years’ government selling experience
• A proven track record selling to Education customers.
• Demonstrated track record of successful selling to Instructional Technology, Superintendents, Provosts, Principals, and Curriculum leadership.
• A demonstrated, challenger sales track record of increasing market share and competitive wins.
• Ability to develop and execute complex sales strategies with clearly defined goals, strategies and tactics, each with defined metrics for measurement.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Operational excellence in managing a pipeline of opportunities, revenue forecasting and conducting account/forecast reviews with senior management.
• Manage and develop all aspects of the relationships between the customer, Microsoft, and industry partners.
• Effectively use executive resources at Microsoft to move opportunities forward.
Qualifications should include:
• 5-7 years applicable experience, preferably selling solutions to K-20 Education customers.
• A solid understanding of the key issues and challenges facing Education customers today.
• A successful track record of exceeding revenue goals.
• A solid understanding of Microsoft solutions for Education and strategic direction.
• A strong understanding of competitive solutions.
• Knowledge of Microsoft licensing programs.
• BA/BS degree is preferred. Advanced Degree is a plus.
We prefer applicants to reside in Pittsburgh or western Pennsylvania.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.