Microsoft is actively hiring for an Account Executive for our MI & WI (State Departments and Agencies) business. The Account Executive is responsible for directing a broad reaching strategy and pursuit, in addition to building trusted customer relationships at the elected official level and agency leadership level in these territories. This position will report to the State and Local Government North Central Sales Director.
Core requirements will include attainment of all revenue and cloud consumption goals, driving Government solution wins, and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction. While the Account Executive will not have any direct reports, they will facilitate the management and engagement of a virtual team encompassing cloud sales specialists, solution specialists in key product/solution areas, cloud consumption specialists, managing consultants, premier support specialists, government affairs and other key stakeholders.
Required skills and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• A strong understanding of Cloud Computing Principles
• A proven track record of working with large managed/named accounts, preferably including state/local government accounts
• Ability to identify and understand a customer’s business issues, and provide trusted solution design support to drive a buying vision
• Working with our Cloud Consumption Specialists/Account Technology Specialists to achieve value, producing deployments, and monitor deployments of key platform technologies that have been acquired by the customer
• Building and maintaining trusted advisor relationships with influential executive, business, and technical decision makers
• Ability to develop and manage complex sales strategies that clearly define goals, tactics, and metrics for measuring success
• Own and manage sales excellence in forecasting, pipeline development, and CRM opportunity management
• Ensure virtual team members have clear direction on their roles in the strategic account plan you set forth
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as, analytical and presentation skills
• 1+ years’ Sales experience with software solutions
• 1+ years’ technology experience
• 1+ years’ government selling experience
Qualifications should include:
• 5-10+ years of strategic sales and pursuit management with enterprise named accounts, ideally including selling solutions to state and local government accounts
• Applicant must have a successful track record of exceeding revenue and commitment goals
• Candidate must possess demonstrated decision making, problem solving, cross team collaboration and negotiation skills
• BA/BS degree is preferred.
• Position will require travel in the geography. Locations - Lansing, Chicago or Detroit
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.