Job Overview: Purchasing Agent Assistant is responsible for processing reports and handling administrative functions for the Inventory Management Department in order to achieve service level and inventory objectives.
• Works closely with purchasing agents, distributions centers, suppliers, and accounts payable to support the Inventory Management Department.
• Reviews and reports claims of damages, shortages, or other shipment problems.
• Works to resolve questions and issues from suppliers and distributions centers.
• Enters orders for stock transfers between warehouses.
• Runs and works open PO and discrepancy reports.
• Confirms orders as requested by a/p and purchasers.
• Generates monthly reports including backorder reports and buyer's guides.
• Assists purchasers with purchase price updates and other system maintenance.
• Maintains backorder ETA database.
• Provides back up support to assigned Purchasing Agent team as well as Purchasing Assistant counterpart.
• Makes suggestions and recommendations to Purchasing Manager or Purchasing Director in an effort to continually improve purchasing operations.
• Applies basic skills and procedures to standardized duties and tasks to help maintain contracts, programs, and supplier agreements.
• Manages and prioritizes special projects as assigned including, but not limited to:
o Releases backorders
o Prepares sales and inventory analysis report
o Tag orders
o Daily/weekly/monthly reports
o Manages inventory management department and warehouse contact lists
o Batches special orders
o Works with warehouse generated reports
o Manages incoming lease requests
o Initiates lease auto ship orders weekly
o Maintains vendor responsibility data
o Completes acquisition projects
• Contributes to and encourages the development of positive, team oriented working relationships.
Minimum Experience and Education:
Typically a high school diploma and 1-3 years related work experience. Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred. Proficient in mathematics. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required with emphasis on Excel and Outlook. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; must be able to manage time and priorities efficiently. Views change or problems as an opportunity to grow; adjusts easily to change. Works well with others on both individual level and team environment. Strong customer service, organization, and analytical skills. Strong typing and 10-key skills. Experience with AS400/IBS is preferred. A broad knowledge of the animal health industry (including products, programs and suppliers) is helpful, but not required.
Customer Service: Is customer oriented, sensitive and responsive to customer needs and priorities; establishes effective working relationships with customers and gains their respect and loyalty; identifies and takes appropriate action on customer needs.
Time Management: Establishes realistic priorities; accurately assesses own time requirements for various projects/activities; schedules own time and activities efficiently.
Know the Organization: Understands the company's objectives; knows the structure of the organization; works effectively within the organization to achieve results; works continuously to make linkages and build networks within the organization.
Communicates Effectively: Communicate thoughts, ideas, information and messages completely and accurately; composes and creates documents with language and format appropriate to the subject matter; attends to details; and checks, edits, and revises writing for correct information.
Teamwork: Make effort to seek others' input; willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization; develops effective working relationships with key associates both within the company and suppliers.
Take Initiative: Assumes responsibility for necessary actions or problem resolution when accountability is not clear; appropriately initiates behavior on projects or other initiatives without requiring explicit management direction or guidance; knows when management involvement is required and seeks it out.
Problem Solving: Recognizes that a problem exists; identifies possible reasons for the discrepancy and devises and implements a plan of action to resolve it.
Organize and Maintain Information: Organizes, processes and maintains information in a systematic fashion.
Flexible/Adaptable: Views change or problems as an opportunity to grow professionally and to develop new and better ways to do things; adjusts readily to alternations in routine; copes effectively with changes in scope of type of work.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.