GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for processing all purchasing requests for all supplies, services, and equipment. The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for ensuring all orders are processed in an accurate and timely manner, as well as identifying and sourcing viable substitute products to minimize the impact of backorders on our customers. The Purchasing Assistant is also responsible for ensuring that invoice and price discrepancies are resolved and the back order report is current.
SUPERVISOR - Purchasing Manager
SUPERVISES - N/A DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Process all assigned special purchase requests in a timely and accurate manner
• Process all on-line requisitions for assigned vendors within twenty four hours
• Review OREC report weekly to ensure it remains current
• Work closely with Accounts Payable staff to resolve and avoid any and all invoice discrepancies within forty-eight hours
• Validate receipt, review, and correct all EDI and fax confirmations in order to eliminate any service failures
• Maintain a high degree of communication, cooperation and coordination with assigned departments regarding purchases
• Report any supplier or customer performance issues in accordance with the policies and procedures
• Work closely with the Purchasing Manager to ensure that EDI, on line requisitioning, electronic faxing, and file item additions are being optimized
• Comply to and enforce the Market Purchasing Policy
• Maintain expedited log (courier) to track emergency deliveries
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
• High School diploma or GED is required.
• 1 to 3 years purchasing or order entry experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
HealthTrust Supply Chain's roots are in the hallways of some of America's top-performing hospitals. Join our organization and our team as we strive to provide our customers with a top quality operation. HealthTrust offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and a business casual environment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom