Under specific direction, purchases parts from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
• Administers purchase order process and places/creates orders as requested.
• Provides vendors with a forecast of parts to be ordered.
• Expedites the processes involved in shipping and receiving orders.
• Contacts vendors regarding invoice discrepancies.
• Completes planning and back order reports.
• Coordinates warranty returns.
• Maintains appropriate inventory based on management direction.
• Reviews vendor acknowledgement for price, part, quantities, delivery and updates in the system.
• Reviews and supervises the disposition of all defective material received from suppliers.
• Processes tooling withdrawals and receipts. Analyzes reorder report recommendations.
• Processes expense and work order requisitions, procure expense supplies as required.
• Relays materials requirements and negotiates prices.
• Relates pertinent information and receipt documents.
• Performs other duties as required.
• High School Diploma with 3 years of experience. Associate's degree preferred
• Experience with computers and software products such as Windows, Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity and basic understanding of Internet. Normal mechanical and analytical ability is needed as well as good communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Maximo and MFG-PRO, preferred
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.