: Global Procurement Contracts Team Department Description:
The Global Procurement organization delivers sourcing, supplier management, and contract negotiation services to optimize spend and mitigate risk for Oracle. The Organization delivers these services globally in all countries where Oracle conducts business. The Organization has a dedicated contracts team (Procurement Contracts Team) that reviews, negotiates and manages contracts for the procurement of goods and services for internal use at Oracle. Role:
Manager, Global Procurement Contracts, Americas. Responsibilities:
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Position will have project lead role.
- Lead and mentor a team of contract professionals.
- Identify and develop Top talent within team.
- Manage a defined commodity or geographical area.
- Manage relationship with internal stakeholders and provide world-class customer service.
- Review, draft and negotiate standard and non-standard contracts and supplier agreements, generally of high-level complexity for various services to mitigate Oracle's risk and ensure compliance with Oracle legal guidelines and procurement policy.
- Validate all aspects of contract packages for accuracy and compliance with Oracle's business practices and internal approvals.
- Draft executive approval requests for key legal clauses, including summary of business issues.
- Interface with lines of business/subsidiaries to understand unique requirements and opportunities to better tailor current processes and documents to end users' needs.
- Extensive contracts knowledge.
- Polished written and oral communication.
- Excellent customer service attitude, Personal motivation, Organized, detail-oriented and refined time management skills.
• Highly cultivated interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build relationships with and influence individuals both up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- Comfortable with exercising independent judgment.
- Excellent analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Experience with Oracle applications (desirable but not required).
- Experience with contract management applications.
- Prior experience in IT or software industry.
- Work independently and demonstrate sound judgment under high stress, time critical deadlines.
- Proven project leadership experience.
- Dedication to process improvement and implementation.
- Excellent research & problem solving skills
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and able to work effectively in team environment.
- Ability to deal with potentially confrontational situations with patience, diplomacy and tact.
- 5 year contracts experience and 2-3 years of management experience required
- Legal Education or background desirable
Responsible for overseeing activities related to the procurement of materials, parts, components, and equipment. Manages a professional staff.
Directs the activities of buyers to meet company objectives. As a member of Oracle*s International Electronic eBusiness Center, you will review and approve purchases up to a specified dollar amount. Develops and implements policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities. May negotiate major contracts involving large dollar amounts. Interacts with suppliers to resolve issues and maintain the Oracle/Supplier relationship. May analyze and summarize global commodity spending trends to identify cost saving opportunities. Monitors activities to ensure Oracle*s Global Purchasing/Finance policy objectives are met. May review standard and nonstandard contracts. Identify, propose and initiate implementation of process efficiencies/improvements.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated knowledge of commodities and assigned Local Countries. Knowledge of Internet Procurement, Purchasing Core Applications, Purchasing Legal Guidelines, Corporate Financial Policies, and Monaco Documents.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.