At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
Vivint Solar is seeking a PV Designer Supervisor to be responsible for managing all computer-aided design (CAD) projects in the respective region. The supervisor is to coordinate the efficient preparation of design and construction drawings and manages the PV Designer system.
You'll change the world by...
- Provide production PV Designer support
- Develop, implement and enforce PV Designer Standards
- Supply technical support for all PV Designer software
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions
- Insure PV Designer vendor management
- Provide training and supervision of in-house PV Designer users
- Provide a budget for all PV Designer technology items
- Maintain PV Designer document archive and retrieval for projects
- Provide leadership and vision to the firm in the area of CAD
- Train in-house support staff
- Develop training budget and overall scope
- Maintain PV Designer Software inventory
- Scheduling drawing completion
- AntiVirus and SPAM filter overview and maintenance
- Order new hardware, configuration, and setup when it arrives
- Provide input to business development
- Conduct project related model reviews
You'll do that with your...
- Demonstrated knowledge of PV Designer principles and practices with experience using AutoPV Designer and/or MicroStation.
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Demonstrated knowledge of civil engineering design including coordinate geometry, horizontal and vertical alignment design, cross-sections, utility relocation, and earthwork and other quantity computations
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques
- Demonstrated ability to manage production of multiple drawings and multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering plans and specifications
- Ability to use good judgment to identify alternatives to assist in the resolution of design problems
- Ability to manage time and workload efficiently which includes planning, organizing, prioritizing, and following-through on a variety of tasks, projects, assignments, and reports to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Computer-aided drafting experience a plus (AutoCAD, Inventor, 3DS max etc)
- Solar installation or design experience a plus
- Residential construction understanding with roof layout and knowledge a plus
- Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and Word, and other computer experience require
- Basic computer proficiency including 20WPM
- High School Degree or Equivalent required
- 1+ to 2 Years of experience
- Well-rounded experience in civil engineering technician and PV Designer work
- Experience developing construction documents from preliminary through final design
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.