At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a PV Designer that will be a solid contributor and leader. They will report to the Team Lead of the Design department. The PV Designer will design and develop site plans for solar panel installation.
You'll change the world by...
- Designing site plans for residential solar installation using Autocad - some training available
- Create pick list of inventory for each job
- Prepare permit documents and send to local office
- Perform other duties and assignments as given by management
- Work tight deadlines
You'll do that with your...
- Analytic and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use computers and computer software to gather and enter key information
- Must be highly motivated and persistent
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Computer-aided drafting experience a plus (AutoCAD, Inventor, 3DS max etc)
- Aurora Solar Experience a plus
- Solar installation or design experience a plus
- Residential construction understanding with roof layout and knowledge a plus
- Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and Word, and other computer experience require
- Basic computer proficiency including 20WPM
- 1+ to 2 Years of experience
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.