At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
Vivint Solar is seeking a CAD Design Team Lead to manage CAD design operations for 2 or more offices. The Lead will manage all communications, usage, and design framework for CAD operations in the respective offices.
You'll change the world by...
- Planning, managing and controlling all project-related activities, including project management, quality control, timely delivery and cost control
- Ensure resources are managed and deployed in order to meet project needs, whilst meeting the needs of the business
- Lead various teams in delivering design and CAD projects to our clients in respective offices and ensure all team members are appropriately represented
- Undertake sales and marketing related activities, e.g. organizing and providing quotations and marketing material as per requirements
- Demonstrate in-depth know-how during client interaction (verbal and written) to ensure smooth flow of technical and project information
You'll do that with your...
- Good organization skills coupled with an ability to prioritize and organize large, complex workloads
- Good people management skills, written / verbal communication skills and an ability to mentor and motivate team members
- Multitasking with an ability and experience in managing multiple tasks and projects
- Flexible and open to multiple shifts
- 3D and 2D CAD/CAE modeling
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in managing CAD design projects, with strong mechanical bias and a very comfortable approach with all aspects of building services (including electrical services)
- Extensive exposure to on-site office environment as well as CAD design office environment for large and complex building services projects
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.