We are Kerry. The Taste & Nutrition Company. We make products people enjoy and feel better about. And, we are growing. We need talented, passionate people who want to help us make the business better. People who expect better from themselves. People who care about delivering better for customers, their colleagues, the company and their own career. People who take pride in paving new paths to lead the business forward. We need great people who want to do great things. People like you, perhaps.
If you are high energy, self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and enjoy executing against the demands of a fast-paced high growth organization, then consider joining our team to help drive your career and Kerry forward. Learn more and/or apply at www.kerry.com/careers .
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen Description and Responsibilities
The QA Analyst is located in Evansville, IN, and reports into the Quality Manager. This is plant within our Meat division and has around 130 employees, union facility and runs 24/7. This is a flex shift position, with 12 hour shifts ranging from 6:00am - 6:00pm and 6:00pm - 6:00am with every other weekend as part of the standard work schedule.
Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality, reliability, and safety of products. Conducts trending analysis and leads follow through on internal incidents to facilitate SPC control, ensure food safety, enable continuous improvement and production efficiency, and meet customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the identification and isolation of non-conforming materials as well as issuing hold orders as appropriate
- Initiate internal and customer related incidents investigation via a formal root cause analysis; engage all relevant functions in the investigation
- Monitor and enforce company and government regulations pertaining to Good Manufacturing Practices and sanitation requirements.
- Inspects rooms to ensure they are clean/sanitized and ready for production. Responsible for follow through with responsible parties in the event additional cleaning is needed.
- Assist in compiling quality and statistical data.
- Perform activities to transition to a Total Quality Management System (i.e. conduct projects that enable in line monitoring and training to food safety programs).
- Use the LIMS system for lab analysis and specification repository.
- Take part and and/or lead projects as assigned. (i.e. Quality Improvement Plan initiatives, customer related requests, etc.).
- Perform actions as required to promote a quality culture and engagement of production operators through inclusion in Quality analysis, root cause analysis, training and other related activities. Conduct training and presentations as needed. May include cross functional audience at various levels of responsibility.
- Perform EMP swab with potential for higher level involvement in the program.
- Gather and assess quality and statistical data through multiple software applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Inspects product to ensure it is made according to specifications.
- Ownership/lead Good Laboratory practices program.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP requirements. Adheres to uniform requirements. Audits HACCP paperwork Adheres to all safety rules. Performs all other related duties as required.
- Potential to participate in customer, internal and other audits. Write and maintain documents in accordance with the Kerry Global Quality Management System as needed.
- Perform physical, chemical, and organoleptic evaluation using a variety of laboratory equipment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- The successful candidate must have at minimum a BS degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field or equivalent experience in the field.
- 3+ years relevant quality experience preferred
- HACCP and SQF certifications are a plus but not required
- Experience working with Root Cause Analysis
To delight and nourish consumers across the globe.