Quality Assurance Analyst II - Deerfield, IL
As a member of the Oracle Construction and Engineering Global Business Unit, you will work closely with our product portfolio. The successful candidate will develop and execute the test strategy and test plans for the Textura Payment Management product that will ensure quality and timely delivery of the TPM software releases. This is a manual testing role, working in one of our Textura Payment Management Agile Teams. Responsibilities:
- Debugs software products through the use of systematic testing approach.
- Develops, applies, and maintains quality standards for company products.
- Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans and testing strategy.
- Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Works closely with developers to resolve all identified product issues.
- Prioritizes workflow in accordance with the requirements of the business, departmental goals and initiatives.
- Organizes all QA tasks so that business deadlines are met without affecting the quality of the product.
- Identifies opportunities for process and procedural improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 3 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Ability to test programming changes and system enhancements to validate intended functionality and ensure that the integrity of the system is not compromised.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to describe technical ideas and issues to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, JSON and SQL is necessary.
- Expert understanding of all functional and non-functional testing techniques is essential.
- Ability to translate business requirements into test cases.
- Full understanding of the Quality Assurance processes, terminology and procedures.
- Ability to multitask and accomplish goals with tight deadlines, in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Must work well independently with minimal supervision and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to analyze and follow work procedures and adhere to the compliance standards.
- Experience with Agile principles and Scrum practices.
- Technical background with strong propensity for problem solving.
- Demonstrated testing experience at the API level is a plus.
- UNIX shell scripting experience is a plus.
- Test automation experience with Selenium/TestNG/Java is a plus.
- Work experience that involves testing of ERP systems is a plus.
Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a member of the technical/process QA division, you will design, install and evaluate quality control methods and systems. Design continuing maintenance of product quality. Develop standards and procedures to provide quality guidance and methods.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. A of 1 year of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.