This position is located in Deerfield, IL.
BigMachines is a mission critical SaaS application that helps companies Sell More and Sell Faster by configuring, pricing, and quoting (CPQ) their complex products.
BigMachines' CPQ Cloud accelerates the conversion of sales opportunities into revenue by automating the sales order process with guided selling, dynamic pricing, and an easy-to-use workflow approval process, accessible anywhere, on any device. More than 275 organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries rely on BigMachines' CPQ Cloud to streamline their sales processes.
Companies that use sales automation technology rely on manual, cumbersome and disconnected processes to convert opportunities into orders. This creates errors, adds costs, delays revenue, and degrades the customer experience.
BigMachines' CPQ cloud extends sales automation to include the creation of an optimal quote, which enables sales personnel to easily configure and price complex products, select the best options, promotions and deal terms, and include up sell and renewals, all using automated workflows.
In combination with Oracle's enterprise-grade cloud solutions, including Marketing, Sales, Social, Commerce and Service Clouds, Oracle and
BigMachines will create an end-to-end smarter selling cloud solution so sales personnel are more productive, customers are more satisfied, and companies grow revenue faster.
To support our rapid growth, we are seeking talented, motivated engineers to join our office in Deerfield, IL. You need to be a hands-on QA engineer and will be working with other experienced QA engineers to design, create, document, implement and maintain test scripts and the test framework. You should be self directed, team and process oriented. You will need to identify missing test cases, refine existing ones, and identify suitable regression suites. You will have the opportunity to work with a smart, talented team of developers and quality assurance engineers on the BigMachines application, using the latest web technologies. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who can learn quickly, grow and look forward to the challenge of delighting our customers and building our business.
- Working with the development team to write test plans, test cases and QA strategies
- Executing assigned test cases and test plans in a timely fashion
- Participating in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and security testing
- Developing and running test suites to perform functional testing of the BigMachines application
- Being responsible for high quality of assigned projects from software Quality Testing through final User Acceptance Testing
- Performing both black box and white box testing of the BigMachines applications as required
- Following QA team processes and standards
- Adhering to all security policies, standards and procedures in the performance of job duties
- Reporting any potential security weakness, exposure or suspicious indications
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and independently, strong team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work constructively with developers, other QA, Project managers and Management towards a common goal
- High motivation and desire to do whatever it takes to help the customer and our company succeed
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline, or equivalent
- Experience testing web applications
- Experience using QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution
- Experience with manual and automated testing
- Experience with Agile, ALM methodologies and CI
Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a member of the technical/process QA division, you will develop quality standards, control methods and theories to be utilized during manufacturing, testing and inspection to access product quality. Develop standards and procedures to provide quality guidance methods.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.