Oracle Single System Management (SSM) Team provides a family of tools, utilities, and connectors for management, monitoring, and configuration of Oracle's SPARC & x86 servers, switches and storage devices. All of these systems contain an Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM) service processor which provides in-band and out-of-band interfaces for these tasks.
Currently SSM team delivers following products:
- Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager
- Oracle Hardware Management Pack
- Oracle System Assistant
- Oracle ISV Hardware Management Connectors
- Oracle Engineered Systems Hardware Manager
Join our dynamic team as a Principal Quality Assurance Engineer and help us deliver high quality, industry leading system management solutions.
Applicant will be working with development, review specification/requirements documents to insure the functionality is understood and proper level of test coverage is implemented. Applicant will be responsible for designing test cases, automating them wherever possible, executing tests and reporting bugs when found and working with development to insure those bugs are addressed and resolved.
Duties can be varied and complex. Independent judgement will be required to complete these duties. Applicant will be expected to be fully competent in area of expertise and may have a project lead role or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relative to functional area. Approximately 6 to 8 years of software engineering/testing experience. Ideal candidate will have some knowledge of Systems Management software, some background in software development (for use in automation).
- Strong background in writing test automation scripts
- Programming skills in Python is a must. Programming skills in other scripting/programming languages like C/Perl/bash is helpful
- Experience in Performance and Stress testing preferred
- Experience with Selenium Tool preferred
- Review existing automation and suggest improvements wherever needed
- Track/manage incoming bugs, root cause/monitor field escapes to enable a drive for continual quality improvement
- Follow the quality industry and bring more best practices into our team.
- Expert Systems Knowledge about Sun/Oracle hardware or equivalent
- Experience with working in Linux, Solaris, Windows Operating Systems
- Good English communication skills - both spoken and written
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic international team of skilled professionals
- The possibility to work with advanced technologies and products for a market leader in the IT industry
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working hours, work from home program
- Informal and friendly culture with a really great team!
Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a member of the technical/process QA division, you will design functional, integration and regression test plans, build and execute manual and automated tests and perform highly complex analysis for multiple products. Set cross-functional product testing standards. Analyze, evaluate and plan methods of approach and organize means to achieve solutions to complex problems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.