Not only is Purina an industry leader and at the cutting edge of pet food innovations that are revolutionizing the business, we’ve set the gold standard in Quality Assurance. We’re backed by a 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, but more significantly, we’re grounded in a strong values system of developing high-quality products with unconditional integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation.
Our Mechanicsburg factory is one of the largest manufacturers in the area and produces a large portion of Purina’s dry pet food portfolio, including Puppy Chow®, Dog Chow®, Beneful®, Pro Plan®, Alpo®, Kitten Chow®, Cat Chow®, Friskies®, Purina ONE® and Kit ‘N Kaboodle®. Beyond our work in pet food production, we support various local animal shelters and organizations (Susquehanna Service Dogs Organization and Woofstock among others) to more deeply impact our ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere.
As a culture that continuously challenges us to Stand Tall and think “What’s Next?”, we’ll empower you to challenge the status quo in quality. Join a company that believes in bettering our work every day to enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them.
Must be willing to work weekends and required overtime to support a continuous 24/7 QA Laboratory. Incumbent’s hours will include weekend and backshifts (4pm to midnight and/or 12 midnight to 8am)
- Perform physical and chemical analyses of ingredients, in-process samples, and finished products and analyze results
- Work closely with Team Leaders and Team Members in the production and warehouse departments
- Interact with proprietary software applications
- Maintain mycotoxin and chemical testing certification as measured by collaborative compliance
- Maintain chemistry lab equipment and sanitation of chemistry lab
- Review food safety, regulatory, and quality test results prior to releasing finished goods for shipment
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of quality assurance, lab, or related experience
Willing to work all shifts preferred.
Willing to work weekends and holidays preferred.
featured hot job
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.