Nestle Purina PetCare company
4555 York Street,
We have an immediate opening for a 3rd shift Quality Assurance Analyst I (Monitor ~ 3rd Shift).
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry,dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Innovation and inspiration fill the halls of every Nestlé Purina office. We are pioneers. Our processes are revolutionary. Our pursuit of excellence is persistent. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. That’s why we’re a global leader in the pet care category and recently named a 2016 Best Place to Work by one of the world’s largest online career communities – Glassdoor.
This is a salaried non-exempt position. The position is 3rd shift and the working hours are 10:45pm – 7:15am, however, you must be open and available to work all shifts.
For the selected candidate, Nestle Purina offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances, company paid time off, long and short term disability coverage’s, 401k with company match and more.
NO RELOCATION BENEFITS AVAILABLE
This is a SALARY – NON-EXEMPT Position. Applicant must have good communication, people, organizational, math competency and basic computer skills.
The following are some of the responsibilities of this position:
1. Maintain work area in a safe and sanitary fashion
2. Support Formal Release with First-Bag, Last Bag testing.
3. Sample finished product in a timely manner and perform tests for the following:
Bushel Weight ~ NIR Protein ~ Date Codes
Color ~ NIR ~ Fat Package Seals
Cut-Off ~ NIR Moisture ~ Composition
Smell-Odor ~ Brokens & Fines
4. Inspect prescribed areas (e.g. FP-DAs, transitions to packing blowers) at changeovers.
5. Support packing inspections at changeovers (flushes)
6. Set up and maintain Sensory lab and product displays.
7. Retrieve additional samples as requested for special audits, bacti testing, hold orders, etc.
8. Accurately enter data into GPMQ.
9. Enter data in hard-copy.
10. Communicate results of testing to packing, processing and management personnel.
11. Communicate effectively between shifts with other personnel.
12. Initiate hold orders, and sample within the hold time range for rechecks
13. Perform all additional tasks as directed by Quality Management. (Export Sampling, Training, Etc)
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assumes all other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance management.
· Must have the ability to come to work in a timely and consistent manner
· Must be able to get along well with others
· Must be able to work under supervision
· Must complete work on time and be able to meet deadlines as necessary
· Must be able to work under routine stress as dictated by the job requirements/responsibilities