Primary Job Responsibilities The Quality Assurance Analyst II is a full time resource on the Quality Assurance (QA) team. This person will develop an intimate knowledge of their respective development cell's software functionality in order to create the testing strategy for a given software release. In addition to understanding the software functionality, this person will develop a working understanding of the interfacing applications, test environments and the Testing Services tools and methodologies. Test strategy formulation will include decomposing the business and technical requirements into test case scenarios, defining test data requirements, managing test case creation, devising contingencies plans and other preparation activities. During the actual test event, this person will develop the test case execution plan, oversee test case execution, manage issues, and report metrics. Additional areas of responsibilities include acting as a liaison between the Line of Business testing resources and the development team, investigating, monitoring, and reporting issues. This person will be responsible for leveraging manual and automated testing tools and processes wherever possible. Overtime required on an as needed basis. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Basic understanding of software processing.
* Develop and maintain test plans; develop manual and automated test cases and associated for application projects
* Perform assigned testing as per the Test Plan; document and report all discovered problems
* Execute regression tests for revised applications
* Maintain records of all application testing; prepare reports summarizing testing results
* Collaborate with developers and users to optimize testing, defect isolation, and defect tracking
* Ability to formulate a test strategy based on technical specification documents and business requirements.
* Ability to communicate to a diverse group of IT management and business users is required.
* Candidate must have strong analytical and problem management skills to be able to resolve issues as they arise in the testing environments.
* Candidate must be able to multi-task across a wide range of test environments and projects.
* Prior experience participating in large, complex technology projects is required.
* Other skill-sets that would be useful are 2-3 years of prior testing experience or banking experience in one or more of the following delivery channels - Retail Banking, Telephone Call Center, or Credit Card Services.
* Exposure to .Net technologies, web services, stored procedures, and middle tier applications
Job Requirements * Bachelor's degree, preferably computer related
* 1-2 years experience as a software tester with emphasis on writing test plans and test scripts required
* 1 year of experience with web-enabling technologies, including web enterprise servers, web programming languages, SQL databases and exposure to client/server development required
* Experience with end-to-end software system testing required
* Availability to work various shifts, extended hours and to provide on-call support as required.
Not Required, but Preferred:
* Exposure to .Net technologies, web services, stored procedures, and middle tier applications.
* Understanding of or experience with virtual environments
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.