The mission of an Oracle Cloud Service QA Analyst is to provide outstanding test coverage in all areas of responsibility, to create better software by finding product issues, and to attain the goal of releasing superior quality software to our customers. QA Analysts are primarily responsible for testing an area of the product line, with the following specific responsibilities:
- Work with teams of Developers and other QA Analysts to functionally test products using automated and manual test approaches in an agile environment.
- Work actively with the scrum team to develop test strategies, test cases, and execute those test cases during sprint cycles
- Act as liaison between product owner, developers and external groups
- Analyze software defects to ascertain source and nature of defects.
- Write clear and reproducible software defect incident reports.
- Thoroughly verify development fixes at the system level.
- Provide complete test coverage of assigned areas.
- Communicate effectively with other members of the QA team, the development team, other departments and managers.
- Become an expert in the product/feature areas tested and use that expertise to contribute throughout the cycle
Skills and characteristics
- Preferred 3 years of experience in QA and/or software testing.
- A highly organized individual who works well under pressure to complete tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in computer science, or related field.
- Experience in programming, especially for software test automation (Java, Cucumber)
- Experience in setup/testing of dynamic applications
- Experience in setup/testing cloud applications, multi-tenant applications, CRM applications a plus
- Desktop OS experience in Linux, Windows, Mac
- Mobile OS experience in iOS and Android
- Knowledge of QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies. Plus if candidate is experienced with Agile.
- Knowledge of Accessibility requirements and testing tools
- Ability to quickly understand software functionality and translate this understanding into documented, repeatable software tests.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication - both verbal and written.
- High attention to process and detail but also able to balance risk/benefits of actions
- Willing to 'roll up one's sleeves' and assist team wherever needed.
- A team player who will work across the organization.
- A fast and able learner
Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a member of the technical/process QA division, you will design functional, integration and regression test plans, build and execute manual and automated tests and perform highly complex analysis for multiple products. Set cross-functional product testing standards. Analyze, evaluate and plan methods of approach and organize means to achieve solutions to complex problems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.