QA Engineer (Job Number: 023197)
Corporate Office - 1435 LAKE COOK RD
1435 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Executes test plans on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software. Implements activities that impact important components / processes of the functional area. Operates within the context of defined procedures. Job Responsibilities
- Actively involved in the daily operational activities that generally impact important components / processes of the technology QA function, such as:
- Executing test plans on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software.
- Developing quality assurance software protocols to support established quality assurance standards.
- Writing code, testing protocols and plans
- Identifying relationships of bugs to the software code. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Identifying bugs and determining likely reasons for their causes and describes them in technical terms in "bug reports."
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Collaborates with customers and advises about technical issues on active projects.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
- May perform performance testing functions.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of experience in a technical quality assurance role (to include academic experience and/or internships) OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in a technical quality assurance role.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience with performance testing
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.