We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Farmers is undergoing a major transformation in its processes, software infrastructure and testing framework and because of that, we need a passionate and experienced Quality Assurance engineer who wants to be part of it. We need a well-rounded QA with strong quality foundations in manual and automation testing. Do you like to create the standards instead of following the current one? Do you want to blaze the new path instead of using the old one? Do you want to break the boundaries between QA, developers and product designers? This is your chance to make it happen!
Essential Job Functions
- Creative thinking, great attitude.
- Help automate testing for functional and regression
- Working in an Agile/Scrum development process, providing both technical and business oriented feedback
- Work proactively with product managers, providing solutions on how to support new products and team initiatives, both large and small
- Create test strategies and manual test cases as appropriate
- Assure the overall quality of our products through building application subject matter expertise
- Provide clear and concise bug reports and help the team to narrow down issues
- Contribute to build and maintain the automation framework
- Contribute to the growth and improvement of our team and processes
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent specific relevant experience
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- 5+ Years in Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering
- 2+ Years of Automation Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- This role requires both manual and automation QA skills
- Great passion for quality and new technologies
- Experience working with automation testing frameworks and tools such as Selenium, SauceLabs, Appium, Jenkins, and GIT
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and best practices including use of tools such as Jenkins and Git
- Proficient with how Web architecture works, AngularJS, ReactJS
- Experience in creating automation test plans & test strategies and leading QA initiatives across waterfall and agile efforts
- Experience managing tasks and defects using products such as Jira, Rally
- Deep knowledge of QA best practices across SDLC
- Embracing the DevOps culture and a highly collaborative approach
- Strong writing and communication skills; Must be able to clearly describe and discuss problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a part of both large and small teams in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Experience with quality assurance metrics and reporting
A little about us: