The QA Engineer is a member of the QA team, is embedded in a scrum team, reports to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
* Perform both "black box" and "white box" testing of internal and customer-facing applications by analyzing applications and requirements and designing and executing test cases.
* Develop, execute, and maintain automation scripts using Cucumber, JAVA, Selenium, WebDriver.
* Integrate, support, use and maintain issue tracking systems such as JIRA, HP ALM, Rally. Source control tools such as GitHub. Test case management systems such as JIRA, qTest, or Rally
* Work with QA team members, software developers and system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc
* Minimum of 5+ years' experience performing manual software testing in a team environment
* Minimum of 2 years' experience automating in a Java, Selenium framework
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline
* Extensive experience and knowledge of Relational Databases
* Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SAFe, Scrum
* Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, IT, and Project managers towards a common goal
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* A team player who does not need extensive supervision
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.