QA Engineer Associate Digital Engineering (Job Number: 020043)
Corporate Office - 1435 LAKE COOK RD
1435 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
This role is essential to QE COE TDM and ENV function support. Responsible for working with IT areas for gathering TDM requirements and critical data to support COE objectives and deliverables for TDM solutions analysis. Responsible for compiling and evaluating data, documenting and reporting out the results to the QE COE team. In addition, this role will be responsible for gathering, compiling test environments information and maintaining documentation for QE COE knowledge base library.
Responsible for supporting the development and execution of test plans on pre-release, upgrades, and current versions of software. Job Responsibilities
- Implements activities that generally support limited parts of the On-line Technology QA work function.
- Tests functionality of pages, links and new site features on a variety of browsers and software and hardware platforms
- Supports the evaluation of compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Writes code and implements testing protocols and plans.
- Designs first-level testing programs and protocols.
- Identifies bugs, determines likely reasons for their causes and describes them in technical terms in "bug reports."
- Develops accurate documentation and communication to facilitate elimination of problems and to create efficient fixes. Escalates problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Collaborates with customers and advises about technical issues on active projects.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in a technical quality assurance role.
- Data security best practices knowledge
- Experience with Data Base (Oracle/SQL)
- Understanding of application /system architecture and environment configurations
- SQL scripting
- Understanding of Test Data Management concepts
- Knowledge of business processes and related data flows and system integrations.
- Development experience
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience in commercial and open-source development and testing tools (IE HP UFT, SOAP-UI, HP Load Runner, and HP Service Virtualization).
- C, C++, PL/SQL, Java
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.