Job: Software QA Engineering
Job Number: 163414
The Issuer Processing Software Test team is part of Visa's Global Development group. We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company.
This team is dedicated to its customers and to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality and to accelerate time-to-market. Visa has one of the most visible and most used comprehensive payment systems in the world. It is an exciting time for any professional to join the Software Test Team.
The successful candidate will be part of a global team to design and develop Test designs and Test cases for the Issuer Processing Quality Assurance Organization. Perform Functional and Automation testing for Debit Processing Services applications. Should have detailed analytical skills and good understanding of the test methodologies and be able to interface directly and take decisions with staff members of Quality Assurance, Product Management, Project Management, and Development.
- Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software.
- Design, create, execute and report on functional tests against multiple applications.
- Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements. specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
- Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs.
- Create systems and testing documentation per department standards.
- Follow standards in development and testing to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements.
- Follow Quality Control processes according to the Industry Standard practices.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Identify and document software defects in a clear manner and retest using corrected code to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues working with development as required.
- Design, document and track test cases in Quality Center.
- Produce metrics for projects as required by Project Management and/ or QA Management.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork.
- Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of testing deliverables.
- Coordinate and collaborate with a globally distributed team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Technology related field
- 5 or more years of hands-on Quality Assurance experience
- Manual testing experience
- General business knowledge of financial systems
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
- 3 plus years of EFT experience
- Tandem / Connex Advantage experience is a plus
- Debit processing experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of Agile, scrum and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
- Experience with tools like Clear Quest, ALM, AGM, Share point, Wiki
- Proficiency in at least one programming language or technology including, but not limited to Java, C++ or C#
- Must have experience with Automation tools like QTP, Selenium RC/Web driver
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.