New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
- Tool Process Architect is positioned within the testing COE with accountability and responsibilities in implementing the testing processes (Including tool implementations) mainly within Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) and Enterprise Data Management (EDM) technology function
- Responsible for maintaining the process as well as governing the compliance strategy for a specific program, project or initiative while also adhering to defined timelines
- Staying current with changing technology trends, best practices and potential future testing solutions
- Build an effective working relationship with multiple stakeholders across the organizations
- Institutionalize and execute an effective QA Process within EIS and EDM space working with QM CoE to drive improvements
- Track and report process adoption and effectiveness in terms of helping overall product quality
- Responsible to drive effective Implementation and utilization of right QA tools aligning with organizational strategy
- Outline approach and enactment of Tools Integration (Between ServiceNow, HP Quality Center, Rally, JIRA, CA SV and Hexawise etc)
- Partner with QM CoE Metrics team and ensure the centralized Metrics Portal was effectively leveraged for all reporting needs across the projects
- Demonstrate the value and effectiveness of the process by implementing and executing in an initiative as part of direct responsibility
- Partner with Agile COE, Release Management and other stakeholders in successful implementation of EDM and EIS testing process initiatives
- Understand the performance metric of vendor partner and bring the analysis
- Provide necessary trainings, brainstorming sessions to the QA leads across the EDM, EIS space and/or beyond
- Ensure both the suitability and effectiveness of testing process in Agile/Scrum/ DevOps methodologies
- Actively engage in modernization initiatives and digital transformation programs to bring maturity in QA process
- Engage with 3rd Party Vendor partners team as required
Required Skills, Previous Experience, Education:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience in QA process, metrics and tools with at least 2 years in a role of influencing QA teams
- Comprehensive knowledge in testing process and tools especially in EIS (service oriented architecture) and EDM development streams
- In-depth knowledge of Interface Testing, Virtualization, ETL Testing, Good Understanding of DWH, BI Concepts, Test Strategy Definition and End to End Test Management Activities
- Prior experience in providing the testing solutions for large transformation and digital initiatives preferably in insurance space
- Possess good Knowledge in ETL testing tool Data Stage
- Ability to guide how to use effective Service Virtualization using leading tools such as CA SV
- Proficiency in web services testing tool such as Soap UI and Postman
- Acumen in different types of testing and defect management tools like HP Quality Center (HP ALM), CA Agile Central (Rally) and JIRA
- Strong communication skills and ability to think strategically but implement tactically
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies and software development lifecycles
- Ability to work collaboratively across a large organization to influence process adoption and continuous improvement
- Proven experience in different development methodologies like Waterfall, SAFe Agile and DevOps
- Experience working with on-shore and off-shore resources both from a staff augmentation and managed services arrangement
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.