At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a QA Specialist/Sr. QA Specialist in Mt. Vernon, IN
you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
As the QA Specialist/ Sr. QA Specialist, you will directly support execution of the process both within the Process Execution Team (PET) and in assigned areas outside of the PETs. These activities may include but are not limited to: batch release, change control and documentation, equipment and process validation, deviation investigations, SOPs, supplier management, distribution center management, and regulatory interactions.Essential Job Functions:
Sr. QA Specialist:
- Maintains a high level of understanding of relevant production processes and quality systems
- Performs the QA review and approval of the following GMP documentation as it relates to the processing equipment and facility to which the position is aligned:
- Change Requests
- Batch Records and associated documentation
- Product and Component Release transactions in SAP
- Quality Investigations (Deviations, Product Complaints)
- Validation Plans, Protocols and Reports
- Standard Operating Procedures
- BOS/BOM documents
- Collaborates with and influences other Quality professionals across the organization to ensure consistent application and execution of key quality systems.
- Executes QA processes including batch record review, product disposition, purge audits, line audits, room releases, stability sample management, retain management, and quality issue resolution to maintain the flow of products and documents to meet site objectives.
- Works with applicable site support groups on projects (capital and non-capital) that impact the PET/assigned area, and proactively ensures GMP compliance during the planning, execution and closeout phases of these projects.
- Collaborates with and influences other PET/assigned area members to facilitate process improvements and risk assessments; benchmarks internal and external QA practices to identify innovative efficient and effective practices.
- Stays abreast of evolving regulatory compliance practices and recommends implementation strategies to site leaders.
- Collaborates in data analysis and report creation on quality metrics and key performance indicators.
- At this level the incumbent is not necessarily performing all the Major Responsibilities of the role immediately. The incumbent may begin by specializing in one or more of these responsibilities whilst working to develop a solid knowledge of the process being supported and applicable cGMPs. Over time the incumbent will be expected to obtain.
- the necessary training to become skilled in all major responsibilities of the role.
Essential Requirements:QA Specialist:
- At the senior level the incumbent will be trained and demonstrate some level of proficiency in all of the major responsibilities of the role.
- The incumbent must demonstrate a strong understanding of the technology area to which the individual is aligned.
- The incumbent will act as execution lead/process owner for one or more processes.
- The incumbent must also have consistently demonstrated the following:
- Strong collaboration between other areas to ensure consistent application of quality systems / processes across the site.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from management.
- Influence in team and project meetings, advising project teams with respect to quality solutions and potential new approaches for consideration.
- Demonstrate Target Level 2 Leadership Capabilities with consistent strong demonstration of the four target Skills and Competencies listed below.
- Training and mentoring of junior members of the QA organization and providing QA coaching to other non-QA employees within the area supported.
- Strong performance history of consistently meeting or exceeding expectations
Sr. QA Specialist:
- Bachelors degree in Science/technical field such as Pharmacy, Biology, Chemistry ot Engineering or any Bachelors degree with 3 years experience in pharmaceutical industry roles covered by GMP oversight.
- Bachelors degree in a Science / technical field such as Pharmacy, Biology, Chemistry or Engineering.
- 5 years experience in either the pharmaceutical industry, an operations environment or Quality Assurance.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of cGMPs, Quality Systems and the pharmaceutical supply chain environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently under his/her own initiative.
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability and motivation to learn.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.