Not only is Purina an industry leader and at the cutting edge of pet food innovations that are revolutionizing the business, we’ve set the gold standard in Quality Assurance. We’re backed by a 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, but more significantly, we’re grounded in a strong values system of developing high-quality products with unconditional integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation.
We’re recognized at the top of the QA ladder within the greater Nestlé organization, the world’s largest food company. As a QA Specialist (Operations) you work within the Quality Assurance group on the operations side of things performing trending analysis, doing work on the manufacturing floor retesting product and responsible for hold/release, making changes and updates to the formulation software and handling complaints for the Edmond, OK factory. Additionally you will review QA Programs and create new programs. This key role is an integral part of our Quality Program.
Nestle Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City (OKC) with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown in Edmond. Having served as a production facility for over 40 years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
As a culture that continuously challenges us to Stand Tall and think “What’s Next?”, we’ll empower you to challenge the status quo in quality. Join a company that believes in bettering our work every day to enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them.
- Ensure all quality systems are in place
- Ensures all finished product is properly tested and in compliance with all Federal and state guideline regarding food safety and production of pet food products
- Analysis and reporting of all complaint activities
- Responsible for all formulation changes to software and updating all applicable employees
- Assist with quality training for employees
- Perform quality audits as required
- Assist with corrective action and preventative action plans as identified
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience working in QA or in a food safety role
- Basic statistical methods skills
- Computer savvy with advanced communications and facilitation skills
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.