West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
The QA Specialist will work under general supervision to define, document, analyze, perform and interpret functional tests for new and/or modified software products. Perform varied and complex assignments of the software testing functionality. Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other technical personnel. Partner with other QA Specialists and perform the set-up and execution of tests.
- Requires thorough technical, analytical and operational knowledge within the QA area of accountability with specific responsibilities for design, development and implementation of test strategies
- Responsible for the execution of integration, system, and regression testing of software
- Maintain his/her own schedules and coordinate activities for project efforts while maintaining high quality execution; identifying task dependencies, test schedules, and the utilization of test environments
- Ensures test deliverables are prepared per enterprise guidelines; monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures that technical and functional objectives are met.
- Direct responsibilities to:
- Interact with the product delivery team; participate in product requirement/design reviews to provide input on completeness of functional requirements, product designs, and schedules
- Identify interdependencies, ambiguities or omissions, and make suggestions to improve requirements and ensure usability/testability
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, with focus to mitigate risks
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and/or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness
- Develop testing scenarios/cases to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, boundary/negative testing, error or defect retests, usability; including automated scripts
- Perform test execution, capture results documentation
- Develop & execute automated test scripts
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source
- Adhere to defect tracking process; document software defects, using a defect tracking tool (Quality Center), monitor the progress in a timely manner, escalate aging and priority defects
- Document test procedures to ensure repeatability and compliance with standards
- Collect and report test results through various metrics reporting tools and communicating to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Assess readiness and deviation of project performance based on test results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- At least 5+ years of Quality experience
- At least 2 years’ experience functional end-to-end testing, system testing, batch processing, user acceptance testing, and regression
- At least 2 years’ experience with project management methodologies, including Agile methodologies and supporting techniques (e.g. Test Driven Development and continuous integration processes), packaged system implementations, and traditional specification-driven approaches
- At least 2 years’ experience with testing tool experience (ALM/Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, Winrunner)
- At least 2 years’ automation scripting experience working on automation frameworks
Commercial Bank testing in one of the following areas:
4.Wealth and Asset Management
5.Payments (ACH, Wires, FX, etc.)
6.Online Banking & Information Reporting
- 5+ years experience performing Quality Assurance functions with demonstrated experience in Software Development Lifecycle quality deliver
- Ability to share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to staff, business sponsors, managers, and technical resources in clear concise language that is appropriate to the target audience
- Experience in developing automated test scripts and automation test frameworks
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with IT issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure project deliverables on time and within budget.
- Experience with a variety of test tools and software testing practices, including developing, implementing, maintaining and managing manual/automated testing systems and environments
- Experience assessing risk for determining appropriate levels of testing
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to handle multiple large projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Experience working with geographically distributed teams, including offshore
- Maintaining strong vendor relationships while challenging the vendors to meet commitments.
- Extensive experience using a variety of automated testing tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.