New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
- 5 to 9 years’ experience in Test Data Management, Data Provision & Synthetic Data Generation.
- The QA Test Data Analyst Lead is part of Testing shared service organization and accountable to providing right test data in timely and the most efficient & optimal manner to the projects running across the applications, LOB and technology landscape ranging from legacy mainframe to modern digital space.
- Actively engage with application teams & testing teams across the organization to understand the data requirements, data flows, data entities and data relationships
- Analyze data architectures, data integrations & business data objects and recommend optimal solution
- Facilitates and coordinates with the LOB team and QA team
- Lead Design and develop reusable scripts for data masking, data encryption and data tokenization
- Lead in Performing data sampling, data mining, data subsetting and data slicing tasks
- Lead in Execute data masking using Test Data Management tools like FileAid Data Solutions, Grid Tools, IBM Optim etc
- Use ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) tools & custom scripting to load data into databases using API’s
- Validate the test data in non-production environments
- Automate data extraction, synthetic data generation and data validation process
- Supports testing teams in building SQL queries associated with end-to-end test data provision
- Actively engage in modernization initiatives and provide out-of-box test data solutions
- Ensures key deliverables are consistent and compliant with CoE standards
- Supports Project Manager to establish project baseline (schedule) by providing data inputs
- Ensures no PII data exists in test environment and it is compliant to data regulations such as HIPAA, GDPR etc
- Establish standards and protocols for test data governance across the organization
- Lead an offshore team
- Carrying out detailed planning and scheduling to ensure seamless delivery of the project as per the delivery matrix. Liaise with the team members and other leaders to maintain a continuous stream of information regarding the project status and progress
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates expert level of skills in establishing and executing Test Data Management process & tools
- Experience and proficiency in leading a small offshore team in TDM space by providing technical guidance and directions
- Ability to navigate complex organization and do effective stakeholder management
- Ability to quickly develop a grip on translating functional condition into data condition
- Strong knowledge & Hands-on experience in RDBMS databases (z/OS DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server) and IDMS databases
- Ability to identify RI’s (Referential Integrity) and define test data strategies
- Knowledge on using MS excel to manipulate and organize data sets for import into datasets and reporting activities
- Hands on experience and knowledge around test data management tools such as Delphix, File Aid etc and ability to guide the team in utilizing the tools in best manner
- Ability to analyze complex cross system data flows and its associated data objects
- Prior experience of solving test data problems
- Experience in creating adhoc JCLs and scripts for data provision is a plus
- Experience working with on-shore and off-shore resources both from a staff augmentation and managed services arrangement
- Good analytical, problem solving & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience on Insurance domain is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.