About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Quality Control Analytical group is seeking a highly motivated candidate to support GMP analytical testing activities for raw materials at the Andover site. The work includes various instrumental techniques including HPLC, GC, IR, UV, as well as wet chemical methods. The candidate will also be expected to support additional QC Analytical testing activities as needed.
• Perform analytical testing of raw material samples.
• Identify basic technical issues, atypical or out-of-specifications test results, instrument malfunctions, and methodology problems.
• Participate in continuous improvement culture within laboratories. Utilize continuous improvement tools.
• Record and maintain all related data and records in compliance with cGMP and quality procedures.
• Perform laboratory support functions and maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner.
• Perform work in a manner consistent with company safety policies and procedures.
• Participate in company culture based programs.
• B.S. in Biology, Chemistry or related scientific discipline with a minimum of 0 - 2 years of related laboratory experience.
• Preferred laboratory experience includes GC, HPLC, FT-IR, pH, titrations, UV, and wet chemical techniques
• Strong oral and written communication skills, technical writing skills preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of cGMP and industry standards
• Proficiency with computer systems (Microsoft Office applications, LIMS, etc.).
• Experience working in cGMP USP/EP/JP, regulatory environment preferred
Normal lifting, sitting, standing and walking requirements to facilitate testing in a laboratory environment. Position is first shift Monday through Friday. Some off hour (night/weekend/holiday) support may be required to support staff and operations.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.